Congressional Leaders Propose Medicaid Reform Compromise
- Congress would put control in states' hands. Aston, Geri // AHA News;11/20/95, Vol. 31 Issue 47, p3
Focuses on the US House and Senate's joint Medicaid-reform package. Coverage guarantees for poor women, children and disabled people; Block-grant plan; Growth limits. INSET: Hospital execs expect financial woes from.., by G.A..
- Medicaid cuts and the poor. // America;6/17/1995, Vol. 172 Issue 21, p4
Editorial. Examines the consequences of proposed Medicaid cuts on health care for young and aged citizens. Adverse effects on hospitals that serve mostly indigent people; US Congress' plan to effect its reductions through the use of block grants; Disadvantages of the block grant approach;...
- Charge Pharmacy Conspired With Medical Clinic In Fraud That Would Have Netted Over $2.3M. // Insurance Advocate;3/31/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 13, p25
Reports on the charges filed against two owners of a pharmacy with acting in concert with the owners of a medical clinic to steal from taxpayers by billing for expensive HIV/AIDS medications that were never dispensed to patients in the U.S. Amount stolen by the verdicts to the Medicaid program.
- Urban Institute study shows federal Medicaid spending increasing under Clinton plan. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;3/5/94, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p10
Focuses on the results of an Urban Institute study on the impact of President Bill Clinton's reform plan on federal Medicaid spending. Projected increase in spending; Decline of state spending.
- What's next? Blankenau, Renee // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;10/5/94, Vol. 68 Issue 19, p12
Discusses the prospects for health care reform in the United States. Reformation of Medicare and Medicaid; Attitude of New York hospitals leaders.
- 1995 state legislative survey. // Health Systems Review;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p36
Presents results of an annual survey regarding the stand of the states as they await the results of the Washington Medicaid and Medicare transformation. Source of funds for Alabama's Medicaid program; Bills introduced in Alaska in 1995 which may carry over into the 1996 session; Fully managed...
- Who benefits from increasing insurer competition? Kitch, Michael // New Hampshire Business Review;4/18/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p18B
Discusses government and Legislature initiatives deemed to impact New Hampshire's health-care marketplace. Senate Bill 110, which seeks to foster greater competition in the health insurance market by adjusting the market rules for small group coverage; Governor Craig Benson's proposal to reduce...
- Protecting Medicare and Medicaid are top priorities. Hollander, Ronald M. // BusinessWest;Jan96, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p8
Opinion. Discusses efforts to protect Medicare and Medicaid. Congress' proposals and plans to change Medicaid from an entitlement to a block-grant program; Funding.
- New laws threaten community-based pharmacies. Rohrer, Paul // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/15/2011, p30
In this article the author discusses aspects on the impact of the health care laws to the ability of community-based pharmacies in serving Medi-Cal patients in the U.S.