CHW Case Draws Concern
- A popular money-loser. Shinkman, Ron // Modern Healthcare;09/25/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 40, p20
Deals with the plan of Catholic Healthcare West to close its Long Beach Community Medical Center in California due to financial losses. Reaction of community groups to the plan; Reason behind the company's decision to transfer its deed to the medical center to the city of Long Beach,...
- CHW affiliate to close Calif. hospital. Shinkman, Ron // Modern Healthcare;04/17/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p24
Reports that Mercy Healthcare, an affiliate of Catholic Healthcare West, will close Mercy American River Hospital in Carmichael, California on June 30, 2000. Reason for the hospital's closure; Amount that will be saved annually with the hospital's closure.
- News at deadline. // Modern Healthcare;06/26/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p4
Presents news briefs related to health systems in the United States as of June 26, 2000. Clarification from Health Management Associates on speculations that it intends to merge with another company; Closure of the Long Beach Community Medical Center in California by Catholic Healthcare West;...
- Catholic Healthcare West California's biggest system. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Aug96, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p20
Reports that the Catholic Healthcare West has surpassed the Kaiser Permanente as California's biggest system with its acquisition of seven hospitals in 1996.
- A study in regional delivery. Scott, Lisa // Modern Healthcare;04/28/97, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p30
Presents information on Catholic Healthcare West (CHW), a San Francisco-based system, and looks at the revampment of the system. Perceptions of Doctor Herman Pepper on the system and its boards; Information on the responsibilities of CHW's boards; Discussion on regional delivery.
- Calif. Catholic system surpasses Kaiser. Greene, Jay // Modern Healthcare;6/10/96, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p16
Reports on Catholic Healthcare West's (CHW) acquisition of seven hospitals to become California's largest health system. CHW's co-sponsorship arrangements with four other congregations; Terms of the co-sponsorships; Hospitals affiliated with CHW.
- CHW to sell Calif. hospital to college. Shinkman, Ron // Modern Healthcare;02/07/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p17
Reports the plan of Catholic Healthcare West company to sell Saint Louise Hospital in Morgan Hill, California to San Jose Christian College. Details on the sale; Law governing the sale of a hospital in the state; Management of the hospital.
- CHW discloses double subpoenas. Bellandi, Deanna // Modern Healthcare;04/23/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p16
Focuses on the subpoenas received by the Catholic Healthcare West company regarding compensation and Medicare cost reporting. Decision of the company to disclose the information to its investors through a letter which includes financial results for the fourth quarter of 2000; Details on the...
- Changes seen at 3 Calif. CHW hospitals. Shinkman, Ron // Modern Healthcare;06/15/98, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p40
Reports on the effect of low occupancy rates in Medicare reimbursements on the operations of Catholic Healthcare West. Hospitals involved in Medicare reimbursements; Options under review for the retrofit of Catholic Healthcare facilities.