In the Loop
- Fatbrain.com to enter digital content, self publishing market. // Book Publishing Report;09/06/99, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p3
Reports on professional bookseller Fatbrain.com Inc.'s launch of a service that enables authors to self-publish on the Web and publishers to sell digital content.
- China: An Open Land for the Rights Business. Hu Shouwen // Publishing Research Quarterly;Spring2001, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p37
Provides information on the Chinese bookselling industry. Discussion on the acquisition of book copyright and licenses; Proliferation of electronic publishing; Details of Chinese trade relations; Opportunities of foreign publishers in the Chinese market.
- In the Loop... // Book Publishing Report;03/27/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p7
Reports developments in the electronic publishing industry in the United States as of March 2000. Includes the three-year agreement between Amazon.com and Kozmo.com for a one-hour customer delivery service; Interactive services offered by the renovated Website at Bartleby.com; In-store kiosks...
- Open eBook Forum Lists Best Sellers for 2004. // Information Today;Feb2005, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p30
This article reports on a list of top-selling electronic books (e-books) for 2004 released by Open eBook Forum. Dan Brown featured prominently in the lineup, with The Da Vinci Code topping the list and Angels & Demons, and Deception Point ranking second and third, respectively. The forum also...
- Online publishing next in line? Quinn, Judy // Variety;10/12/98, Vol. 372 Issue 9, p6
Highlights the online publishing as the topic during the 50th annual Frankfurt Book Fair on October 7-12, 1998. Number of exhibitors and attendees; Online bookselling arm of Barnes & Noble company; Online book sales accounts in the annual book market.
- Atwood Wins the Booker. Richardson, Jean // Publishers Weekly;11/13/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 46, p17
Reports on the Booker Prize received by Margaret Atwood for her novel `The Blind Assassin' in 2000. Other contenders for the award.
- PRODUCT PIPELINE. Fox, Megan K. // Library Journal;Spring2006 Supplement, Vol. 131, p18
The article evaluates some of the latest ebook devices. It discusses the evolution of ebooks' electronic devices and the problem of having various competing formats to deliver them. It explains that generally, multifunctional devices tend to replace the traditional personal digital assistant...
- For Russian Readers, E = Free. Kozlov, Vladimir // Transitions Online;2/27/2012, p5
The article focuses on the growth of the electronic book (e-book) market in Russia. It mentions the growing number of Internet users in the country, and two problems faced by publishers and booksellers to enter into the e-book market including a decline in book sales and the copying of digital...
- PalmOne enters electronic books space via eBooks. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;7/19/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p14
Reports on the launch of the palmOne eBook store by PalmOne and PowerByHand in June 2004. Examples of titles included in the top 10 June electronic books (eBooks) list; Number of eBooks sold in the first quarter of 2004 in the U.S.; Problems in selling eBooks.