Small Web-Based Bookseller Says Ingram Deal Will Bring Growth
- distribution daybook. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;11/27/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 48, p28
Covers news briefs on publishers and publishing in the United States as of November 27, 2000. Strategic supply alliance of Ingram Book Group with English Online; Description of the book `Magic,' by Mark Levy.
- Ingram Changes 'Micro' Press Terms. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;5/12/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 19, p13
Focuses on the terms set by Ingram Book Company for micropresses that want to stay with them as of 2003. Estimated net sales of micropresses over a two-year period; Provisions of the micropublisher contracts; Changes in up-front promotion payments.
- Ingram hosts an open (ware) house. Symons, A. // Publishers Weekly;4/7/89, Vol. 235 Issue 14, p98
Report on Ingram Book Co.'s move to Walnut, Calif. and its open house celebration.
- Ingram forms publisher fulfillment service. // Publishers Weekly;4/28/89, Vol. 235 Issue 17, p17
Discusses the role and impact of Ingram Book Company's new subsidiary, a fulfillment service to publishers.
- Ingram imports Spanish titles. // Publishers Weekly;5/5/89, Vol. 235 Issue 18, p14
Announces the import agreement between Ingram Book Group and Publiexport to distribute books imported from Spain throughout the US.
- Ingram plans to acquire Gordon's books of Denver. Al-Redha, M.R.; Reid, C. // Publishers Weekly;8/2/1991, Vol. 238 Issue 34, p6
Reports that giant Nashville-based Ingram Book Company plans to acquire Gordon's Books, the 19-year-old Denver-based bookseller that serves 13 western states. Concerns that regional titles would be scanted; Neal Webb, Ingram's director of special markets; Additional industry reaction to the...
- Ingram takes stock for the '90s. Mutter, J.; O'Brien, M.J. // Publishers Weekly;4/6/1990, Vol. 237 Issue 14, p70
Discusses the ideas of Ingram Book Co. to increase profitability and inventory turns to booksellers. Encouraged booksellers to buy more titles but fewer copies of those titles; Larry Carpenter, senior vice president of sales and marketing; Sales figures for Ingram; Sales tools; Religious books;...
- Wholesalers mixed on Ingram rep compensation call. Mutter, J.; O'Brien, M. // Publishers Weekly;11/29/1991, Vol. 238 Issue 52, p22
Reports on the mixed reaction to Ingram Book Co.'s proposal that publishers compensate their representatives on sales by wholesalers into their territories. Wholesalers' response; American Wholesale Booksellers Association (AWBA); Praise for sales representatives by wholesalers; Comments by...
- PW's religious mandate. Tickle, Phyllis // Publishers Weekly;1/11/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 2, p24
Reports that the highest-volume category of books that Ingram Book Co. sell is religious books, according to Phil Pfeffer, CEO of Ingram Book Co. Increasing numbers of people turning to books for value-oriented interpretations of secular life; Religious publishers must address their product to...