Riggio: Out-Of-Print Books Printed On-Demand Will Widen Selection
- Downtown blues. // Business News New Jersey;1/10/96, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p3
Looks at how Barnes & Noble joined other downtown retail stores in Morristown, New Jersey who were forced to closed due to Macy's department store move out of business district. Comments from Morristown officials.
- Incentives to stay put. // Chain Store Age;Jun98, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p43
Reports on the city of New York's incentive deal for Barnes & Noble for agreeing to stay put. Deal as directly tied to job growth; City's offer of sales tax exemptions and energy benefits if company adds jobs to its office roster in the city.
- Bookworms. Hanover, Dan // Chain Store Age;Jun98, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p141
Reports on Barnes & Noble's building of an Internet presence in 1997 with the opening of Barnes & Noble.com. Book retailer's taking advantage of Amazon.com's weakness in stock inventory; Barnes & Noble's offer of competition through discounts, delivery speed and inventory stock; Retailer's link...
- Hot literary scene. Smith, Evan // Texas Monthly;Mar96, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p22
Reports on the opening of a Barnes & Noble Inc. bookstore in El Paso, Texas.
- Barnes & Noble booking more NE Ohio stores. Hardin, Angela Y. // Crain's Cleveland Business;05/01/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p4
Reports on New York-based book retailer Barnes and Noble Inc.'s plan to open several book stores in Northeast Ohio as of May 1, 2000. Company background.
- Book store chain to move Murray location, create `superstore'. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;2/20/95, Vol. 24 Issue 34, p3
Reports on discount book chain, Barnes & Noble's plan to relocate its Murray, Utah store to a large site. Leasing of the former House of Fabrics building; Location of company superstore constructions.
- Reading with Bill. // Crain's New York Business;10/13/97, Vol. 13 Issue 41, p50
Reports that Barnes & Noble Incorporated has won the right to be the only bookseller on Microsoft Corporation's Internet sites.
- Web page review. Cota, Jim // Indianapolis Business Journal;07/06/98, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p47A
Reviews the web site of book retailer, Barnes and Noble Inc.
- SHOPPInG arounD. Williams, Geoff // Cincinnati Magazine;Jan2002, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p38
Features the Barnes & Noble in Cincinnati, Ohio. Description about the place; Services offered in the bookshop; Merchandise of the store.