- AILING TECH TITLES LOSE MARKET SHARE. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;5/1/2002, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p23
Reports the business losses of the Technology publishers in the U.S. Shortfall of revenue in advertising section; Problems in controlling the management of business; Percentage of decline in the advertising market.
- Financial news. // Book Publishing Report;12/6/99, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p7
Reports on the financial performance of publishing companies in the United States as of December 6, 1999. Business losses suffered by NewStar Media Inc. in the first nine months of 1999; Increase in sales enjoyed by Noodle Kidoodle Inc. during a nine-month period ended on October 30, 1999.
- Printers ReportSoft Ending to Soft Year. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/11/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 6, p76
Focuses on the market conditions for the United States book publishers in the year 2001. Decline of total revenues at Quebecor; Decline in sales at Banta Corp.; Decline in sales in the book division of R.R. Donnelley.
- Printers Report Soft Third Quarter. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/19/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 47, p13
Focuses on the decline in the demand for books in the third quarter ended September 30, 2001 in the United States. Decrease in revenues at R.R. Donnelley; Increase in total revenues at Courier; Decline in the revenues of Banta Corporation's digital and imaging segment.
- Ad Losses Cut Deep Through Industry. Gillis, Cindy // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;4/1/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p12
Reports the influence of advertising on the financial losses of publishing industries in the United States. Decline in the industrial revenues during the second quarter of the year; Effects of the depreciation on the consumers and business-to-business sector; Impact of bargains and subsequent...
- Guardian's digital revenue up 30%. // Marketing Week (Online Edition);7/16/2013, p6
The article reports that a 28.9 percent increased in digital revenues enabled publisher, Guardian News & Media (GNM) to reduce its losses for the period ended March 2013. The 2013 figures were improvement from the 2012 helped in part also by a series of cost-cutting measures. The 2013 increased...
- Emap's Open Book. Granatstein, Lisa // MediaWeek;04/23/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 17, p31
Evaluates the financial performance of Emap USA, a publishing company offered for a bidding, for the year 2000. Decline in the cash flow of the company; Financial losses of the magazines owned by the company; Sources of the company's revenues; Factors which contributed to the status of the...
- Scholastic Q3 Down. // Electronic Education Report;4/4/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p3
The article offers information on the financial performance of the New York-based Scholastic Education Curriculum Publishing in the third quarter of fiscal 2011. It mentions the decline of the company's revenue and profit in the fiscal third quarter ended February 28, 2011. It indicates that the...
- The New B-to-B Business Model? It's Already Here. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Mar2005, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on the adoption of a new business model by business-to-business magazine media companies in the U.S. Key to the success of a magazine business; Decline in advertising as a percentage of total publication revenue in 2003, according to a research by the Jordan, Edmiston Group and American...