Amazon Extends Global Reach To Japanese Market With New Site
- Page turners. // Men's Health India;Mar2013, p7
Do you get bored listening to the same music on your phone while working out at the gym? here is something that will let you exercise your brains. Ready to switch on an audiobook?
- E-READING'S AWKWARD EMBRACE. Sinkins, Emily // Quill & Quire;Sep2011, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p22
The article focuses on the independent booksellers' plan to start selling electronic books through websites. In early 2011, the Canadian Booksellers Association formed a partnership with Transcontinental Printing to allow booksellers to sell e-books through their websites, and another...
- Book Depot launches wholesale Web site. Kinsella, Bridget // Publishers Weekly;8/25/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 35, p19
Focuses on Book Depot, which has launched a wholesale Web site. How it had previously launched its retail bookselling Web site; Comments from Bill Van Vliet, director of information.
- Virtually Bank Street. Sinclair, Alexis // School Library Journal;Jan2001, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p16
Features the Web site of the Bank Street Bookstore in New York City, an affiliate of the Bank Street College of Education. How the books on the site are grouped; Purpose of the site.
- Caught in the Net. Brody, Loren // Westchester County Business Journal;02/22/99, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the decision of independent bookstores in Westchester County, New York, to launch online stores to regain market share lost to Web-based stores. Affiliation with online book databases or creation of their own Web site stores; Success of online bookstores such as Amazon.com and...
- Independents' Latest, Maybe Greatest, Challenge--Finding Role In Ebook Market. // Book Publishing Report;10/09/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p1
Discusses the challenges faced by independent booksellers in the United States. Share of the electronic book (ebook) market; Prediction of Andersen Consulting for ebook sales by 2005; Presence of ebooks on the Internet.
- Bookstore Sales Slipped in 2011. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/20/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 8, p10
The article reports that bookstores saw decreased sales in 2011 due to the increased popularity of e-books and the failure of bookstore chain Borders.
- Get Finweek in digital format. // Finweek;9/1/2011, p1
The article presents information related to Zinio, the world's largest digital news-stand and bookstore.
- Amazon's Influence, Part 2: Channels and Heavy Buyers. // Book Publishing Report;Jun2011, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p1
The article examines the book selling and buying landscape and the influence of web site Amazon.com in book buying in the fall of 2010 in the U.S. It notes that the Internet draws the greatest proportion of heavy book buyers and about 5.3% of Amazon.com users bought ten hardcover titles while...