Fate Of Trade Division Uncertain Following Sale Of Harcourt General
- Doomsday prep. Otter, Jack // Men's Fitness;Nov2015, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p64
This article states with mergers and acquisitions of companies, more and more employees are getting laid off and to face it an emergency fund is required to be built by individuals which will help to pay bills for atleast six months till the next job.
- Simon shops for quality with bid. Maurer, Katie // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p3
Reports on the acquisition of Taubmann Centers Inc. by Simon Property Group Inc. Details on the agreed terms and conditions; Assessment on the revenue growth of Taubmann Centers Inc.; Maximization of profits.
- Shopping with Campaign. // Campaign;8/3/2001, Issue 31, p3
Reports developments related to advertising in Great Britain as of August 2001. Proposal of Havas for the acquisition of Tempus; Retrenchment of BHWG Proximity employees; Appointment of Modern Media for the advertising campaign of Unilever.
- WEEKIN REVIEW. Allen, Mike; Killion, Andy; Broderick, Pat; Weeks, Katie; Graves, Brad; Lewis, Connie // San Diego Business Journal;7/31/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p61
The article offers news briefs in San Diego, California. The unemployment rate of San Diego for June 2006 climbed to 4.2 percent, but still below the rate of June 2005 which is 4.5 percent. The Energy Capital Partners, based in San Diego and New Jersey has purchased 15 Northeast Utilities' power...
- Sun carbon copies another transitional quarter. // MarketWatch: Technology;Sep2005, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p27
This article reports that server maker Sun Microsystems Inc. has reported its fourth quarter and year-end results for its fiscal 2005. While the company has made layoffs, restructurings, acquisitions, and substantial changes in its portfolio of products in the past year, the company is still...
- McCallum, Lustig acquire Stanley King business. Sloan, Carole // Home Textiles Today;8/12/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p12
Reports the acquisition of Stanley King Design Studio by executives Elkin McCallum and Debbye Lustig in New York City. Generation of revenue; Enhancement of artwork; Improvement of product value.
- Mergers and storms take their toll on US carriers. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;1/31/2013, Issue 3036, p14
The article reports that mergers and Superstorm Sandy had made an impact on the fourth quarter and full-year revenue results in the four major U.S. international airlines: United Continental Holdings Inc., Delta Air Lines Inc., American Airlines Inc., and US Airways Group Inc..
- ACCOUNTING NEWS. // Accounting Technology;Jul2002, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p12
Presents news items on developments in accounting as of July 2002. Resignation of Bruce Hollinger as president and founder of Macola Software; Intuit's acquisition of not-for-profit accounting software manufacturer American Fundware; Layoffs at Novato, California-based Account/Mate-based...
- DCX fallout offers some painful lessons. Kramer, Mary // Crain's Detroit Business;11/27/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 48, p9
Focuses on the application of lessons learned from business school programs and executives firing practice to companies involved in mergers and partnerships in Detroit, Michigan. Importance of knowledge regarding purchases; Dependence of company success on human resource; Integration of human...