As Competitors' Grow, Torstar Corp. Opts Out Of the Education Market
- 2000 results for 242 Chicago-area banks. // Crain's Chicago Business;2002 Book of Lists, Vol. 24 Issue 53, p51
Presents the rankings of banks based on the percent return on average assets for the year 2000 in Chicago, Illinois. List of ranked banks; Percent return on equity of banks; Bank equity capital.
- Chicago's largest banks. // Crain's Chicago Business;2002 Book of Lists, Vol. 24 Issue 53, p59
Presents the rankings of largest banks based on assets as of March 2001 in Chicago, Illinois. List of ranked banks; Bank assets in millions; Earnings of the banks; Loans for industrial domestic purposes.
- Living with SFAS 121: How to avoid (or record) an asset writedown. Zucca, Linda J. // National Public Accountant;Sep97, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p40
Outlines the provisions of Statement of Financial Accounting Standards (SFAS) 121 on long-lived assets. Interpretations of provisions that enable management to formulate strategies to avoid or record writedowns; Requirements for the application of SFAS 121; SFAS 121 adoption strategies;...
- Offshore trusts protect assets of high-risk earners. King, Carole // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/10/94, Vol. 98 Issue 41, p7
Reports that high-risk earners like real estate agents and insurance agents can benefit from some form of assets and credit protection in the form of offshore corporate trustees in the Cayman Islands and Jersey and Guernsey. Functions of offshore corporate trustees.
- Cash in on what you already own. Decker, Jonathan P. // Christian Science Monitor;6/19/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 145, p16
Reports on the large amount of unclaimed assets in the United States and the manner in which individuals can claim such assets.
- Section 1231 property. // National Public Accountant;Jul94, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p10
Illustrates the importance of classifying an asset properly. Difference between capital assets and Section 1231 assets.
- Works management backs industry's leading maintenance conference. // Works Management;Jul1997, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p6
Focuses on the developments in asset management as of November 1996. Support of Works Management for the annual Asset Management Information Services (AMIS) conference; Theme of the AMIS conference; Resource persons of the conference; Topics to be discussed.
- La. Assessors Passes Portfolio to Wellington. Randall, Danielle // Investment Management Weekly;5/7/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p3
Reports on the turnover of the assets of Louisiana Assessors Retirement System from Conseco Capital Management to Wellington Management Co.
- Knowing what you've got. Moriarty, Stephen // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Oct96, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p38
Emphasizes the importance of implementing an asset management procedure in the company to prevent under-utilization, inefficient maintenance and petty theft of assets. Role of accountants in accounting for fixed assets; Technologies available in the market which help improve management control;...