Alaska Tobacco Deal Passes Court Muster
- Alaska Issuer Sets $135M Tobacco Bond Sale. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;7/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31187, p2
Reports that Northern Tobacco Securitization Corp. will issue up to 135 million of bonds for Alaska.
- Alaska Looks Forward to a Smooth, $132 Million Tobacco Deal. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;7/31/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31192, p3
Reports that Northern Tobacco Securitization Corp. is planning to issue bonds that will be secured by Alaska's tobacco settlement receipts. Total amount in bonds to be issued by the company; Reason behind the corporation's decision to use such bond structure; Expected rating of the speculated...
- Legal Challenge Fails to Cool Alaska Tobacco Bond Sale. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;10/13/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30995, p1
Reports on a legal challenge to Alaska's 115.5 million dollar tobacco settlement securitization. Bonds offered by the Northern Tobacco Securitization Corp.; Repricing of the bonds.
- Clash Over Blueprint For Covered Bond Sales. Kaper, Stacy // American Banker;7/27/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 114, p1
The article examines U.S. legislation on the regulation of so-called covered bonds, which are securities issued by banks to fund bank loans. The House Financial Services Committee is expected to pass legislation which would allow for regulation of covered bonds, which would be issued as an...
- RESET. Colomer, Nora // Asset Securitization Report;Feb2014, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p20
The article offers information on the covered bonds in Canada which is being benefited from credit of the bank issuing. Topics discussed include registration of four banks with Canada Mortgage and Housing Corp. (CMHC), a Crown corporation, of the Government of Canada, legal frameworks for...
- South African law to pass this week. Colomer, Nora // Asset Securitization Report;10/1/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 37, p1
Reports on the passage of the securitization law in South Africa. Influence of other securitization decrees on the African law; Comments of the regulatory committee on the securitization guidelines; Problems associated with the passage of the law.
- The .07% solution: A tempting but problematic approach to FIN 46. Rausa, Sam // Asset Securitization Report;4/7/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 14, p6
Discusses several theoretical and practical shortcomings of the so-called 0.7% Solution to the Financial Interpretation 46, a regulation governing asset-backed securities in the U.S. Question on the sufficiency of average protection; Depth of the equity investment market; Role of accounting firms.
- Federal Legislative Review. // Secured Lender;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p95
Presents updates on the reconciliation of the bankruptcy legislation by members of the Conference Committee of the United States Congress. Focus of the legislation; Provisions of the bankruptcy legislation that is of interest to the asset-based lending industry; Issues discussed by the...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;8/14/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32444, p26
Several charts depicting statistics on the result of negotiated sales for government securities in various states in the U.S. for August 2006. The Northern Tobacco Securitization Corp. has a total bonds of $411,987,860, Fontana Unified School District with $90,000,000 and Peralta Community...