Texas Counties Seek New Revenues to Unleash Dam Work
- Lake County, Ill., voters to decide on land preservation GOs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/01/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30490, p42
Reports that the Lake County Forest Preserve District Board in Illinois will conduct a referendum in April 1999 asking voters to let it return to the market with its first new-money deal in six years. Value of general obligation bonds to be sold; Expected sale date; Credit rating for the district.
- DeKalb's Request. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/18/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32199, p27
Reports that voters in DeKalb County, Georgia could be asked to consider a bond referendum for transportation improvements. Schedule of a series of public information meetings.
- Maine Issue Tops Ballot Questions in New Enqland. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/7/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32854, p36
Reports on the schedule for bond referendums in the U.S. Proposal of issuing general obligation bonds for transportation projects; Purchase of land for waterfront, and wildlife conservation; Use of the proceeds to fund firefighting facilities; Replacement of the roof at Cheshire High School;...
- Voters to Face Over $78.6B. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/3/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32501, p1
The article reports projections on the outcome of bond referendum in California. More than two-thirds of the $78.6 billion bonds will be waiting for approval of voters, where $53.2 billion of debt could be authorized. The state's sale of billions of bonds will finance various projects including...
- Road Petition Deadline. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/14/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32174, p31
Reports on the petition in Harrison County, Mississippi calling for a referendum on the county board of supervisors' decision to sell revenue bonds to finance a highway construction. Total amount of revenue bonds; Supervisors' approval of the issue of the bonds on behalf of the Mississippi...
- Municipal Bond Elections. // Bond Buyer;9/13/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32465, p32
The article presents a list of bond elections in several cities and towns in the U.S. In Clover, South Carolina, voters will be deciding on a $58,500 bond proposal. Rockford, Illinois, on the other hand submits a $14,000 bond for the voters to decide whether to approve it or not. Other cities...
- Bonds See Approval Rate of 82%. Buyer, Bond // Bond Buyer;11/6/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32998, p1
The article reports that voters in the U.S. by and large gave a very favorable reception to bond referendums despite a faltering national economy. There were a total of 696 questions totaling $67 billion before the voters. It is the second largest amount ever for a single election. As of...
- Few bond voters set the future for many. Storm, Sheila // Inside Tucson Business;5/24/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 47, p4
Discusses the bond referendum in Pima County, Arizona. Total amount of bonds approved by voters; Percentage of the county's registered voters who participated in the referendum; Availability of nomination forms for those who want to nominate a woman to be profiled in the Women of Influence...
- US plugs hole in vast dam repair flood. // Power Economics;Jan2004, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p11
Reveals the conclusion of an Association of State Dam Safety Officials (ASDSO) report that the cost of upgrading or repairing all of the U.S.'s non-federal dams exceeds $36 billion. Call of the ASDSO on the U.S. Congress to establish a national dam financing solutions program.