And Who Gets Finance?
- Roth benefits interest limited. Geisel, Jerry // Business Insurance;9/18/95, Vol. 29 Issue 38, p1
Reports on Senator William Roth's legislative philosophy as chairman of the US Senate Finance Committee. Roth's support the expansion of individual retirement accounts; Views on the taxation of medical savings accounts; Interest in individual benefit programs.
- And the successor is... Birnbaum, Jeffrey H. // Time;9/18/1995, Vol. 146 Issue 12, p46
Introduces Senator William Roth of Delaware as Bob Packwood's successor as chairman of the Senate Finance Committee. Roth's eagerness to cut taxes, in comparison with Packwood's caution; Why fellow senators wonder whether Roth, age 74, is up to the job; View that Roth is strong on big ideas,...
- Health ins. deductibility expansion proposed. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/18/98, Vol. 102 Issue 20, p3
Reports that US Senate Finance Committee Chairman William Roth has proposed legislation that would provide a 100 percent deduction for health insurance costs incurred by the self-employed and by individuals who work for employers that do not provide health coverage. Possible inclusion of the...
- Senate panel makes permanent health insurance tax break for self-employed. G.L. // AHA News;3/20/95, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p3
Reports on the Senate Finance Committee's March 15, 1995 approval of a bill to extend permanently a health insurance tax deduction for self-employed persons. Approval of the amendment by Senator William V. Roth Jr. to raise the deduction to 30% for 1995 and beyond.
- Packwood leaves committee with very few loose strings. K, F.. // AHA News;9/18/95, Vol. 31 Issue 38, p3
Reports on the effect of Senator Bob Packwood's resignation from the Senate Finance Committee. Ascension of Senator William V. Roth as chairman; Comments from Senator Bill Frist.
- Four Pro-Muni Senators Join Finance Committee. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;1/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31550, p4
Reports on the nomination of four Republicans with histories of supporting the municipal bond market to the U.S. Senate Finance Committee as of January 2003. Names of these Senators; Person who nominated them; Supported extended by these Senators to the bond market.
- SENATOR CHARLES GRASSLEY. // World Trade;Aug2005, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p17
Profiles U.S. Senator Charles Grassley (R-Iowa.). Role in the U.S. Senate Finance Committee; Support of Grassley for the proposed Middle East Free Trade Area; Information on the Central American Free Trade Agreement.
- Senate Grapples with Paying for Health Care Reform. Young, Donna // BioWorld Today;5/13/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 91, p1
The article reports on a roundtable discussion by the members of the U.S. Senate Finance Committee in May 2009 concerning health care reform. The senators discussed several potential tax hikes, such as raising or placing new taxes on alcohol, cigarettes and soft drinks. They also discussed the...
- Committee Extends Biodiesel Tax Credit. Shearer, P. Scott // National Hog Farmer Expert Blog;4/ 4/2014, p4
The article reports on the approval of legislation by the U.S. Senate Finance Committee which would extend tax credits for renewable fuels.