L.A. to Sell $137 Million of GOs for Libraries and Refunding
- Ohio County Library Makes First Market Foray With $75M Offering. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;8/2/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33359, p4
The article reports on the 75-million-dollar bond offering, which include the 55-million-dollar taxable special obligation Build America Bonds and 20.4-million-dollar tax-exempt special obligation bonds, of the Public Library of Cuyahoga County, Ohio.
- Dallas keeps building: vote okays three new libraries. // Library Journal;9/15/1982, Vol. 107 Issue 16, p1698
Reports that voters in Dallas, Texas have given their approval on bonds that will be used to build community libraries in the area.
- Medina County Bond Issue Fails. Rogers, Michael; Oder, Norman // Library Journal;6/15/2001, Vol. 126 Issue 11, p13
Reports on the rejection of the district library's proposed bond issue in Medina County, Ohio, during elections in May 2001. Bond which would have covered a 20-year period and funded the construction of five libraries and reconfiguration of two existing structures; View of community relations...
- Walnut Creek Library. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;8/5/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32190, p31
Reports on the decision of the Walnut Creek City Council in California to put a library bond measure on the November 8, 2005 ballot. Use of the bonds to help finance a downtown library and parking garage to replace the facility built in 1961; Expected cost of the project.
- Tulsa Seeking Voter-Approved Tax Hike to Back Library Bonds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31953, p33
Reports that Tulsa, Oklahoma voters will be asked to increase property taxes to pay for $79.1 million in general obligation bonds for the Tulsa City-County Library System. Unanimous vote of the library commission to seek an election to pay for a new central library; Maximum number of mills...
- Bonds Buy Open Space. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/7/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33093, p9
The article reports on the move of Phoenix to use $18 million in proceeds from bonds approved by voters in 2001 and 2006 to buy 247 acres of state trust land near South Mountain Park in Arizona. It states that the city will build a fire station, library, and a 40-acre park on the site while...
- Greenwood Public Library, Ind., Upgraded to A by S&P. // Bond Buyer;11/12/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34409, p1
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said it raised its long-term rating on Greenwood Public Library, Ind.'s series 2010 general obligation refunding and improvement bonds to A from A-minus.
- Growing New York County doubles its debt load with new GO issue. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p1
Reports on Orange County, New York's plan to issue $60 million in bonds in August 1997. Concerns about population growth; Population figures from the 1970s to the 1990s; Graph comparing the results of bond issuance from 1991-1996.
- High-yield scarcity helps sale of a nonrated sewer refunding in Alabama. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p7
Reports on the growing popularity of high-yielding municipal bonds among investors. Bonds issue by Parish, Alabama in August 1997; Sale of New Orleans general obligation bonds; Prices.