The Other Florida Story: Electoral Victory for High-Speed Rail
- Germany accelerates $5.8-billion Transrapid. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/3/94, Vol. 233 Issue 14, p13
Reports on the passage of a planning law in Germany that paves the way for the $5.8-billion Transrapid train system construction. Provision of the law on Transrapid; Planning and design; Estimated cost; Funding; Features of Transrapid.
- Risk buffer simplified. // Rail Business Intelligence;8/16/2012, Issue 420, p3
The article reports on the changes proposed for the withdrawal of the 'in-year risk buffer, which will provide Network Rail with a cost of capital that allows for a surplus over and above its expected financing costs.
- The Big Railway Smash. Beard, Charles A. // New Republic;3/9/38, Vol. 94 Issue 1214, p123
Focuses on the crisis in the U.S. railways. Inquiry of the Senate committee into railway financing and manipulation; Summary of constructive action; Support on the proposal to favor the continuance of existing number of railways and to make changes in the laws respecting financing and holding...
- Countdown for Connecticut's cab units. Hartley, Scott A. // Trains;Sep2000, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p21
Reports on the GE Genesis P32AC-DM locomotives ordered by the Connecticut Department of Transportation on its Metro-North railroad. Budget proposed for Connecticut's locomotives; Paint scheme plans for the Genesis locomotives.
- Rail-security bill slightly off track. Keane, Angela Greiling // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);6/28/2004, Vol. 5 Issue 26, p33
Presents updates on the Protecting Railroads Against Enemy Efforts Through Modernization, Planning and Technology Act in the U.S. as of June 2004. Reason for the postponement of the congressional legislation; Requirements of the funding bill; Significance of the bill to railroad security.
- High speed funding cut in budget purge. // Railway Gazette International;May2011, Vol. 167 Issue 5, p35
This article reports on the possibility that a passenger rail programme proposed by U.S. President Barack Obama will be cut back as Congress struggles to reduce the country's budget deficit.
- Anxious times for Amtrak. Johnston, Bob // Trains;Jan2002, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p10
Reports on security and funding difficulties faced by Amtrak in 2002. Information on the immediate assistance budget requested by Amtrak from the U.S. Congress to improve its tunnels at Penn Station; Details on several legislative bills concerning funding for the improvement of the railway...
- NR not funded for DDA. // Rail Business Intelligence;5/27/2004, Issue 222, p7
Reports that Network Rail is not funded for compliance with the Disability Discrimination Act in Great Britain. Ways of funding the expenditure.
- Senators to Mull Six-Year Funding Pact, $8 Billion in Tax-Credit Bonds. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;7/28/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32184, p5
Reports that senator Trent Lott and other members of the Senate Commerce Committee have introduced legislation which would authorize funding for Amtrak in the U.S. Proposed budget for Amtrak; Plans to include a tax provision in the bill that will allow states and the railroad to issue taxable...