- Now playing: Feature Scan. // T & P: Tooling & Production;Jan2001, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p48
Evaluates the Feature Scan coordinate measuring machine (CMM) system from International Metrology Systems Inc. Controller used by Feature Scan to scan features and provide a stream of points; Disadvantages of analog probe CMM.
- Virtual DMIS Supports Nuetral CAD File Format. // Quality Progress;May2002, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p109
Features the virtual DMIS coordinate measuring machine that supports the neutral computer aided design file format by International Metrology Systems in the U.S.
- CAD-Based Measuring Software Handles Large Complex Parts. // Modern Machine Shop;Jun2002, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p144
Reports on the application of the Virtual DMIS measuring software from International Metrology Systems Inc. in the machining tools of Paragon Die & Engineering. Problems encountered by Paragon in its old software; Reasons for adopting the Virtual DMIS; Benefits of using the software.
- T&P product spotlight. // T & P: Tooling & Production;Feb2001, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p83
Presents information on tools needed in machine shop practice. Vertical microfinisher from IMPCO Machine Tools; DECO 13 Basic i Swiss-type single spindle turning machine from Tornos Technologies U.S. Corp.; 1600 model Merlin coordinate measuring machine from International Metrology Systems...
- Premier Is Available In 24 Sizes. // Quality Progress;Jul2004, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p97
International Metrology Systems Inc., introduces its Premier series of coordinate measuring machines. The Premier series offers machine models from 1m through 3m in travel and features carbon fiber on all structural components in the bridge assembly. Premier is coupled with Virtual DMIS...
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY. // Orange County Business Journal;10/23/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p12
Focuses on developments that may be of interest to business enterprises in and around Orange County, California, current as of October 23, 2000. Western Digital Corp.'s creation of a unit called Keen Personal Media Inc.; Newport Corp.'s termination of its planned acquisition of Great...
- Testing & measurement report. // American Machinist;Sep2000, Vol. 144 Issue 9, p108
Features testing and measurement equipment available as of September 2000. Umpire coordinate measuring machines from International Metrology Systems; SM600 flat-profile series proximity sensor from Hyde Park Electronics Inc.; Handheld coating-thickness measurement units from Fischer Technology Inc.
- An attraction to magnetic encoders. // Machine Design;10/26/95, Vol. 67 Issue 19, p66
Focuses on magnetic encoders. Components; Other features; Capabilities.
- An attractive alternative for measuring position. // Machine Design;10/26/95, Vol. 67 Issue 19, p72
Focuses on magnetic sensors used in detecting movement and measuring position in ferrous metal. Components; Other features; Capabilities.