World class vehicle launch timing: General Motors
- Saturn's independence extends to distribution. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;6/12/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5609, p22
Reports on Saturn Corp.'s distribution strategy for its automobiles. Use of outside companies; Description of the stages of the distribution process.
- GM hires soft-goods pair to aid brands. Child, Charles // Automotive News;1/22/1996, Vol. 70 Issue 5642, p1
Reports on how Cadillac and Pontiac hired husband-and-wife team Lisa and Robert Baird Jr. as brand managers to market their Grand Am, Seville and Eldorado cars. Functions of the brand managers; Importance of Grand Am to Pontiac; Career background of the Baird couple.
- Balancing act. Law, Alex // AutoWeek;8/19/2002, Vol. 52 Issue 34, p7
Reports the marketing strategy of General Motors for the Hy-wire concept car in Italy. Features of the car; Availability for media test drives; Emphasis of the a five-passenger sedan and use of fuel cell.
- Buick sticks to old crowd. // Marketing News;9/27/93, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p9
Reports on the marketing efforts of the Buick division of General Motors Corp. Target clientele; Sponsorships of golf tournaments; Use of traditional pricing; Division's expectations for 1994; Planned move to more short-term leases.
- GM looks for local touch in marketing. Halliday, Jean // Automotive News;10/18/99, Vol. 74 Issue 5843, p3
No abstract available.
- Pontiac-GMC revamps ad groups. Sawyers, Arlena // Automotive News;12/23/1996, Vol. 71 Issue 5692, p1
Comments on the introduction of a brand marketing strategy at Pontiac-General Motor Company (GMC), which usurps more control over regional advertising dollars from dealer marketing groups. Design of strategy to create regional advertising that is consistent with national advertising; Plans to...
- Unusual non-celebrity endorser of the month. // Adweek Western Edition;11/28/94, Vol. 44 Issue 48, p18
Presents a television advertisement for the Saturn automobile which features the testimony of Correctional Officers; Apportioning of spending to various sorts of stores.
- No, really, haggling is fun. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Sep96, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p41
Reports on Oldsmobile's cessation of the no-haggling price strategy which it copied from General Motor's Saturn division. Older customers' preference for negotiating prices.
- General Motors projects 10% sales increase. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;4/24/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p31
Reports on the projected increase in General Motor's sales in Puerto Rico for 1997. Introduction of seven new cars in the Plaza Las Americas auto show; Marketing strategy developed with McCann Erickson; Positive results from internal changes implemented; Popularity of Chevrolet Malibu in the...
- Passion required for driving Opel's brand. // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;11/1/2002, p19
Reports that automobile manufacturer General Motor Corp. is facing tough competition in promoting sales for its sub-premium brands in Singapore. Sales performance of company's Opel brand; Marketing agencies which promote Opel sales; Comparison between Opel sales and Mercedes-Benz sales brands...