World class vehicle launch timing: General Motors
- Saturn's independence extends to distribution. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;6/12/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5609, p22
Reports on Saturn Corp.'s distribution strategy for its automobiles. Use of outside companies; Description of the stages of the distribution process.
- GM hires soft-goods pair to aid brands. Child, Charles // Automotive News;1/22/1996, Vol. 70 Issue 5642, p1
Reports on how Cadillac and Pontiac hired husband-and-wife team Lisa and Robert Baird Jr. as brand managers to market their Grand Am, Seville and Eldorado cars. Functions of the brand managers; Importance of Grand Am to Pontiac; Career background of the Baird couple.
- Balancing act. Law, Alex // AutoWeek;8/19/2002, Vol. 52 Issue 34, p7
Reports the marketing strategy of General Motors for the Hy-wire concept car in Italy. Features of the car; Availability for media test drives; Emphasis of the a five-passenger sedan and use of fuel cell.
- GM looks for local touch in marketing. Halliday, Jean // Automotive News;10/18/99, Vol. 74 Issue 5843, p3
No abstract available.
- Pontiac-GMC revamps ad groups. Sawyers, Arlena // Automotive News;12/23/1996, Vol. 71 Issue 5692, p1
Comments on the introduction of a brand marketing strategy at Pontiac-General Motor Company (GMC), which usurps more control over regional advertising dollars from dealer marketing groups. Design of strategy to create regional advertising that is consistent with national advertising; Plans to...
- Unusual non-celebrity endorser of the month. // Adweek Western Edition;11/28/94, Vol. 44 Issue 48, p18
Presents a television advertisement for the Saturn automobile which features the testimony of Correctional Officers; Apportioning of spending to various sorts of stores.
- No, really, haggling is fun. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Sep96, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p41
Reports on Oldsmobile's cessation of the no-haggling price strategy which it copied from General Motor's Saturn division. Older customers' preference for negotiating prices.
- General Motors projects 10% sales increase. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;4/24/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p31
Reports on the projected increase in General Motor's sales in Puerto Rico for 1997. Introduction of seven new cars in the Plaza Las Americas auto show; Marketing strategy developed with McCann Erickson; Positive results from internal changes implemented; Popularity of Chevrolet Malibu in the...
- Divide and conquer. McGinn, Daniel // Newsweek;12/1/1997, Vol. 130 Issue 22, p50
Focuses on the marketing strategy at General Motors as of 1997, formulated by Vincent P. Barabba. General Motors brands representation of more brands of cars than Ford, Chrysler and Toyota combined; Identification of so-called needs segments based on statistical models using car buyers'...
- GM adds four states to electric car rollout list. // Nashville Automotive Report;Aug2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p5
The article offers infomation on the business operation of General Motors Corp. to roll out its electric car Chevrolet Volt to four states in the U.S. including Texas, New York, Connecticut and New Jersey.