Up & down & up & down
- Servomotor Helps Hone Bore Finishing System. // Assembly;Sep2010, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p22
The article discusses various topics related to the assembly of machines in the U.S. The Sunnen Products Co. uses the servomotor of Siemens AG which helps hone bore finishing system. The General Motors Corp. has manufactured the first advanced lithium-ion battery for the Chevrolet Volt concept...
- Error-Proof Fastening at GM. Lewis, Brad // Assembly;Nov2010, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p38
The article describes how the author and his co-worker Robert Heginbottom devised an elegant solution to a complex problem caused by an error-proofing system at General Motors Corp.'s Saturn plant in Tennessee. It highlights factors that must be considered by automobile engineers when designing...
- UAW leader: GM plant is on schedule. Stein, Jason // Automotive News;5/2/2005, Vol. 79 Issue 6145, p16
The article informs about General Motors Corp.'s plans for a new plant and new products The work is on schedule despite the automaker's recent financial problems, a union official says. GM's Delta Township plant near Lansing, Michigan, is on schedule and is less than a year away from completion....
- Inspection key tags. // Access International;Sep2010, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p54
The article reports that inspection key tags which can be used by the powered access equipment operators as reminders on the points to look out for before daily use of these equipment, can be obtained by contacting the local International Powered Access Federation (IPAF) office in Great Britain.
- Hoist rings for heavier workholders. Hoffman, Edward G. // Modern Machine Shop;Jun95, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p112
Offers suggestions on which style of hoist rings is best suited as a lifting device for heavier workholders. Description of fixed mounted hoist rings; Description of swivel mounted hoist rings; Applications.
- Hand-chain hoist for lightweight lifting. // Modern Machine Shop;Jun95, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p225
Features the Peerless CB hand-chain hoist by Harrington Hoists Inc. Features; Contact information.
- Dockleveler. // Professional Safety;Nov95, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p49
Features FX Dockleveler from Kelley Dock Systems. Features and design.
- Construction hoist... // Power;Aug95, Vol. 139 Issue 8, p56
Features a construction hoist which can be moved by standard trailer from Alimak Elevator Co.
- What is a Qualified Rigger? Young, Terry // American Cranes & Transport;May2011, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p17
The article presents information on qualified rigger.