Getting the point
- Reduce production costs by controlling fragmentation and diggability factors. Ryan, Jason M. // Pit & Quarry;Mar96, Vol. 88 Issue 9, p82
Discusses two of the key cost parameters of a drilling and blasting operation. Fragmentation and diggability; Improvement of fragmentation quality; Factoring diggability into the cost equation.
- Deepowater royalty holiday granted. Crowden, Michael // Offshore;Dec95, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p4
Presents information on legislation which was designed to improve deepwater drilling in the Gulf of Mexico. Details on legislation; Why administration supports legislation.
- Gulf drilling pumps up oil field service biz. Darce, Keith // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/13/96, Vol. 16 Issue 45, p1
Reports that because of the increase in drilling in the Gulf of Mexico, companies providing equipment and services for oil drilling companies, are experiencing problems in obtaining labour. Percentage of the increase in the service industry; Comments by Beth Picou, president of the Harvey Canal...
- Covering the boring machine bases. Arkush, Dan // Wood & Wood Products;Jun93, Vol. 98 Issue 7, p47
Looks into four companies' boring and drilling strategies for their particular product needs. Community Professional Sound Systems; Indian Country Incorporated; Precision Panel Products Incorporated; Ly-Line Products Incorporated; Products of each company; Target market; Boring strategies; High...
- Gundrilling small holes with solid carbide drills. Augustine, Jeff // Modern Machine Shop;Jun95, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p76
Reports on the application of solid carbide drills for specialized processes such as drilling small, straight, deep and smooth sided holes. Manufacturing carbide drills; Applications; Parameters for using solid carbide drills; Two types of gundrilling machines.
- Drilling efficiency numbers static. Dodson, Jim; Dodson, Ted // Offshore;Jan2003, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p26
Focuses on the enhancement of drilling performance of wellbores in water depths less than 601 feet in the Gulf of Mexico. Difficulty associated with drilling a wellbore; Factors affecting wellbore drilling activity; Measurement of the average sidetrack drilled for deeper wells.
- Summit to surface, the hard way. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Sep93, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p66
Reports on the deep-drilling project of eight countries and the European Community from 1990 to 1992 at the icecap in Greenland. Location of the summit; Information from the March 1993 issue of `Endeavor' magazine.
- DIGGING DEEP. Janes, Patricia // Science World;9/5/2005, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p5
Deals with the effort of researchers with the Integrated Ocean Drilling Program to bore a 1,416 meter-deep hole in the Atlantic Ocean's rocky seafloor using a drill.
- ND's New Photo Galleries. // National Driller;Nov2011, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p4
The article announces that photographs related to the U.S. drilling industry will be available at the web site www.flickr.com/photos/national-driller.