Products and Web Sites You Don't Want To Miss
- Want Paging With That? Lee, Barb // Wireless Review;05/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p56
Cites the decision of most wireless companies in the United States to bundle services that raise several questions on the future of paging companies. How paging companies view their service; Ways of taking advantage in extending information from the Internet and intranet; How the...
- RCR's top 20 international paging markets. // RCR;12/28/98, Vol. 17 Issue 52, pS10
Presents countries considered as top markets for wireless communication sellers of pagers according to rankings for the week of December 28, 1998. Includes China; United States; South Korea; Japan; France; Taiwan; United Kingdom.
- Pagers get smart. DAY, REBECCA // Popular Mechanics;Feb99, Vol. 176 Issue 2, p56
Presents information on some pagers in the United States. RIM pager from Bell South Wireless Data; Motorola PageWriter 2000; Capabilities; Additional applications being developed by Bell South.
- RCR's top 20 int'l paging markets. // RCR;08/23/99, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p14
Lists the 20 countries with the highest number of subscribers to pagers or wireless communication systems. Includes China; United States; South Korea; United Kingdom; Philippines; Sweden; Signaling formats; Market penetration.
- Unclaimed Licenses: A Discouraging Sign? Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;1/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p22
Looks at the status of pagers in the wireless communications market. Factors that pose as negative indicators for the pagers market; Discussion on the positive claims of the pagers market.
- Paging carriers agree on standards to improve information delivery. Bruno, Antony // RCR;11/23/98, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p6
Reports that 11 paging companies in the United States have agreed on a group of broadcast standards that create a common transmission path between content providers and paging networks. Information services as possible means for raising the companies' revenue; Technological obstacles which have...
- Editor's Choice. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/9/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p24
In this article, the author states that the smart watch is an old concept introduced in the 1990s in the form of pagers.
- Popularity of pagers plunging. Callahan, Ed // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/13/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p19
Reports the impact of mobile phones growth on the pager business in Indiana. Decline in the number of people using pagers; Accounts on the deterioration of paging business; Advantages of the pager systems.
- Banning Beepers. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;11/5/2001, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p3
Presents examples of electronic communication equipment that are banned from schools. Beepers; Cell phones; Palm Pilot pocket computers.