Group Submits OFDM Standard To IEEE
- Effort underway for a new wireless LAN standard. Dix, John // Network World;09/20/99, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p46
Comments on the HiperLan/2 Global Forum's efforts to promote the HiperLan/2 wireless local area network (LAN) standards. Details of the wireless LAN standards.
- Mission: Interoperable. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;08/07/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 32, p1
Presents information on the Mobile Wireless Internet Forum (MWIF) which hopes to influence standards that will enable the telecommunication networks of the future. Remarks from Dean Sirovica, senior director of MWIF; Main standards bodies the forum will work with; Members of the organization;...
- Forum hopes to speed wireless adoption. // Frontline Solutions;Jul2000, Vol. 1 Issue 8, p49
Reports on the establishment of the Mobile Management Forum. Need to identify key challenges facing early adopters of wireless devices and applications; Identification of key areas to focus on; Other vendor consortia working on wireless technology standards.
- Task group seeks wireless interoperability. // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Jun2001 Supplement, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p3
Analyzes proposals on testing equipment from major technical laboratories by Broadband Wireless Internet Forum. Absence of standards on utilizing wireless technology; Advantages of uniform wireless standard; Consideration of proposals from organizations worldwide by subset team.
- Confluence Of Stream(ing) Media. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;05/01/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 18, p22
Reports on the move of the Wireless Multimedia Forum (WMF) to establish a global standard for wireless multimedia. Increasing popularity of wireless multimedia; Working groups created by WMF; Aims of the forum.
- Groups advancing UWB momentum. // Network World;2/23/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p10
Reports on action taken by ultrawideband (UWB) proponents at the Intel Developer Forum to advance the technology. Reconstitution of the Multi-Band OFDM Alliance into a special interest group; Plan to create governance bylaws on the use of intellectual property for the multi-band orthogonal...
- IEEE publishes 802.22 Super WiFi standard. // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Sep2011, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p57
The article reports on the publication of the wireless standard titled "IEEE 802.22-2011 Standard for Wireless Regional Area Networks in TV Whitespaces" by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) in the U.S.
- Standards bind snags cable modems. Lambert, Peter // Inter@ctive Week;11/4/96, Vol. 3 Issue 24, p53
Focuses on the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers' adoption of one standard for error correction in wireless networks and cable modem operators' selection of another. Drafting of key media access control and physical modulation and error correction specifications; Future...
- Wireless standards by the bushel. Mohney, Doug // Mobile Radio Technology;Oct2003, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p28
Focuses on the formulation of wireless standards by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers in the U.S. Discussion of the various standards; Specifications of the standards; Impact of the formulation of several standards on the telecommunication industry.