VoiceStream Surveys The Wild, Wild West
- GSM: The Main Event. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p1
Focuses on the partnership deal between VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Deutsche Telekom AG to build a global system for mobile (GSM) communications carrier. Value of its GSM plans per existing customers; Questions raised by the partnership deal; Potential subscribers of the partnership in the...
- Deutsch Telekom buying spree boosts GSM. Jones, Jennifer // InfoWorld;09/04/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p8
Reports the acquisition of Powertel company by VoiceStream Wireless which was backed by Deutsche Telekom. Implication of the acquisition to the United States wireless communication standard; Benefit offered by the acquisition on the global systems for mobile communications (GSM) technology; How...
- A Green Light, And A Yellow. // Wireless Week;10/16/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 42, p3
Reports on the contention of the United States government on two proposed acquisition deals in the wireless telecommunication industry in 2000. Indication that the merger of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Powertel Inc. is approved by the government; Details on the conflict in Congress over...
- Clearing The High Hurdles. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p1
Deals with regulatory issues governing the merger plans between United States (U.S.) telecommunication company, VoiceStream Wireless Inc. and Deutsche Telekom AG. Opposition of the European Union on a proposed U.S. legislation which will block the merger plans; Reasons behind the concerns of...
- 'Tear Down This Wall' Lee, Rikki // Wireless Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p4
Comments on the regulatory issues governing the merger plans between United States telecommunication company, VoiceStream Wireless Inc. and foreign company, Deutsche Telekom AG. Provisions of the proposed legislation at the Congress about foreign investments on the telecommunication industry;...
- Telekom's Bid For VoiceStream: The Right Market At Right Time? Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p54
Focuses on the merger deal inked by Ron Sommer, chief executive officer of Deutsche Telekom AG with VoiceStream Wireless Inc. in the United States. Concerns over the deal; Significance of the deal; Business expansion moves of Deutsche Telekom on the eastern front.
- VoiceStream, Powertel Await FCC Decision. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;03/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p5
Reports on the pending approval of the merger of VoiceStream Wireless company and PowerTel Inc. with Deutsche Telekom by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Speculations on the decision of FCC; Details of the deal; Background of the merging companies.
- VoiceStream, Powertel Merger Final. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;06/04/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p3
Reports on the merger of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Powertel Inc. with Deutsche Telekom AG. Companies that reported gains as the result of the merger; Reason for the opposition to the merger in the United States.
- EU warns U.S. not to stop VoiceStream-DT deal. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;2/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p15
Reports that the European Union has warned the United States not to block Deutsche Telekom AG's planned purchase of VoiceStream Wireless Corp.