Creating A Long-term Position In The Mobile Web
- Case, Levin pitch access proviso. Hatch, David // Electronic Media;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p2
Focuses on concerns over the pledge to provide open Internet access by executives of America Online and Time Warner in the United States. Pledge as a way to dissuade the government from imposing conditions on the pending merger of the companies; Differing opinions of senators; Need to...
- The coming battle. // Electronic Media;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p9
Editorial. Comments on pledge of open Internet access by America Online (AOL) and Time Warner in the United States. Concern on violation of antitrust law with the open-access proposal; Skepticism of Senator Orrin Hatch on the open-access pledge of the companies; Forecast of Senator Herb Kohl...
- Wireless lines blur. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;02/21/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 8, p86
Focuses on the approach of wireless data that will significantly change the wireless industry in several ways. Effect of wireless data on vendor and operator communities; Statement issued by John Hughes, president of GSM/Universal Mobile Telephone System for Lucent Technologies; Significance of...
- Revamped AOL just can't get any respect. Fung, Amanda // Crain's New York Business;3/3/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p2
The article reports on the status of America Online Inc. (AOL) in the Internet industry. It states that AOL is still in the fourth place, far behind Google, Yahoo and Microsoft. Advertising (ad) revenue from AOL grew just 15% from 2006 to $1.6 billion. AOL expects 2008 first quarter ad sales to...
- More questions than answers. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/19/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 26, p62
Editorial. Focuses on the regulation of the Internet in the United States. Key issues facing federal policy makers; Questions raised by the proposed merger between America Online Inc. and Time Warner Inc.
- Www.monolith.com. Silber, Tony // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;2/1/2000, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p7
Comments on the merger between Internet giant America Online Inc. and media conglomerate Time Warner Inc. Merger's demonstration of the enormous valuations the markets give to Internet companies; Concerns about the impact of the consolidation trend on consumers and end-users; Implications for...
- There they go again. // PC Week;02/14/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p64
Editorial. Comments on the threat to the mass media and Internet access industries created by the proposed merger of America Online and Time Warner Inc.
- AOL-TIME WARNER MARKS A THIRD OF ONLINE TIME. Cox, Catherine N.; Sweeney, Theresa // Credit Union Management;Jul2001, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p7
States that the America Online (AOL)-Time Warner partnership has accounted for one-third of all time spent on line in the United States as of January 2001.
- Senate to review AOL deal. Stern, Christopher // Daily Variety;01/18/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 32, p6
Discusses the plan of the United States Senate to investigate the merger of America Online and Time Warner Inc. Pace of consolidation in the media industry; Senators who will lead the investigation; Implications of the merger for consumers and competition in the Internet market.