Jingles or Jitters? The Retail Season Looms
- Anytime, anywhere, and little relief in sight. Sugai, Philip // Marketing News;8/15/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 13, p13
Discusses the findings of a research on the developments in the wireless technology market as of August 15, 2004. Number of people who use Internet-capable handsets as of March 31, 2004; Results of studies on the views and feelings of consumers towards mobile phones; Reasons for the negative...
- Carrier may have upper hand with ISPs. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;04/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p1
Reports that wireless communication carriers stand to benefit from the emerging trend of Internet companies competing for premier spots on wireless telephone screens. Most favorable telephone screen spot for Internet companies; America Online Inc.'s (AOL) entry into a partnership with Sprint...
- Pay-Phone Operators Eye An Internet Role. Culver, Denise // Inter@ctive Week;10/12/98, Vol. 5 Issue 39, p1-12
Offers information on wireless services being offered by telephone companies, discussing efforts to offer Internet access by using pay phones. Observations about pay-phone service providers (PSP); Reason PSPs have made alterations to their business plans; Features of AT&T telephones with data...
- DESIGN CHOICE: NOKIA 8800. Jiang, Yi // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;8/12/2005, p13
Speculates on the fashion trend initiated by Nokia 8800 mobile phone by Nokia Corp. View that in the present world mobile phones appear to be far more than they actually have in store for the consumers; Observation that Nokia 8800 has the right combination to win over trendy consumers.
- The pathway to IP telephony. Baker, Glenn // New Zealand Management;Jun2000, Vol. 47 Issue 5, e Office p7
Focuses on integrated or adjuct wireless telephony in New Zealand. How the technology works; Advantages of a voice image processing; Pieces of advice on choosing suppliers for wireless telephony. INSET: The office without wires.
- CTIA: Wireless growth accelerates. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/15/99, Vol. 14 Issue 26, p48
Reports on the growth in the number of wireless telephone subscribers in the United States, in the first half of 1999. Percentage of growth; Comparison with growth rates in previous periods; Total number of people using wireless telephones.
- A smart-phone odyssey. Brodsky, Ira // Wireless Review;08/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p62
Offers information on wireless smart telephones. Challenges faced by wireless carriers; What sets wireless smart telephones from others; Improvements in smart telephones; Technologies that may help smart telephones to perform well. INSET: Browser works with smart phones.
- Not Sold on Cellphones. Little, Matthew J. // Products Finishing;Apr2003, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p8
Discusses various limitations of cellphones. Impact of extra features in the cellphone on the phone's battery; Drawback of an internal antenna in the cellphone; Problems arising in cellphone's signal in suburban areas.
- Wireless carriers running out of phone numbers. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;05/29/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p36
Reports on the concern by wireless carriers that they are running out of telephone numbers to assign to subscribers.