1xEV Rises From Qualcomm's HDR Ashes
- HDR technology included in TIA 1xEV standard. // RCR Wireless News;11/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p34
Reports that Qualcomm Inc.'s High Data Rate technology will be the basis for the Telecommunications Industry Association's third-generation code division multiple access 1xEV standard, to be published as TIA/EIA/IS856 'CDMA2000 High Rate Packet Data Air Interface Specifications.'
- Ta Da! SIM In Your CDMA. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;04/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p22
No abstract available.
- CDMA looks for higher data rates. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;03/20/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 12, p88
Presents information on the code division multiple access (CDMA) third generation standard known as CDMA 1X. Data capabilities of CDMA 1X; CDMA technologies of Qualcomm and Motorola; Effect of CDMA 1X on voice data capacity. INSET: BRIEFLY.
- Qualcomm tangles with Philips. // Electronic News;05/26/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2169, p62
Focuses on the complaint filed by the Qualcomm Inc. in the US District Court in San Diego seeking a judicial determination over the Telecommunication Industry Association's IS-95-A code division multiple access standard held by U.S. Philips Corp. Philips's response to the suit; Other legal...
- TIA issues New Data Service Options for Spread Spectrum Systems, Addendum 3 - cdma2000Â® High Speed Packet Data Service Option 33 Standard. // Telecom Standards;Mar2013, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p14
The article informs that the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) has launched the standard document TIA-707-A-4 [E] Data Service Options for Spread Spectrum Systems to handle the Radio Link Protocol Type 3 (RLP), a link layer protocol used for second generation (2G) and Code division...
- America complains of CDMA betrayal. Lynch, Grahame // Telecom Asia;Jun99, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p20
Analyzes the complaint by the United States that the Ericsson's continued support for the W-code division multiple access (CDMA) standard is a betrayal of its corporate interests. Previous resolution of dispute between Ericsson and Qualcomm on the 3G standards; Disadvantage of linking CDMA to...
- Global CDMA standard two years away. // Electronics Weekly;2/13/2002, Issue 2039, p2
Forecasts the implementation of the standard for broadband wireless telephony for global code division multiple access (CDMA) by 2004, according to Qualcomm company. Adoption of the CDMA standard in Europe; Views from Siegmund Redl of Qualcomm on the CDMA standard.
- Qualcomm: The $95B Question. McGinity, Meg // Inter@ctive Week;01/24/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p47
Reports on the questions surrounding the market capitalization explosion that happened to Qualcomm Inc. in 1999. Reasons for the increase of its stock price; Revenue of the company for fiscal 1999; Details on a report from PaineWebber Group Inc.; How the company's code division multiple access...
- Qualcomm confident of CDMA IP revenues in face of WiMAX threat. Reynolds, Melanie // Electronics Weekly;5/30/2007, Issue 2290, p5
The article reports that the adoption of 802.16 WiMAX technology by Qualcomm Inc. will not reduce the revenue derived from its largely Code division multiple access (CDMA) based intellectual property. This was stated by Qualcomm's chief operating officer Sanjay Jha. The draft 802.16m standard...