Voice Portal Din Ups Intensity
- Handheld ASPs, Features Need to Strike Balance, Firm Reports. // Electronic News;7/28/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 30, pN.PAG
Discusses the study conducted by Allied Business Intelligence Inc. on the sales of wireless telephone handsets. Issues regarding the sustainability of the value of handsets; Challenges to the mass-market adoption of handsets with advanced features; Significance of sustaining the price levels of...
- Luxury Brands Aim for Multi-Billion Dollar Revenues from the Mobile Handset Market. // Portable Design;Sep2008, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p13
The article focuses on the projected multi-billion dollar revenues for luxury brands of mobile handset in the communications industry in the U.S. market in 2009-2013. ABI Research Inc. discloses on the foreseen revenues from luxury branded handsets, estimating revenue to exceed $11 billion in...
- Digital wireless phones add to business options. Kohout, Cheryl // Inside Tucson Business;11/10/97, Vol. 7 Issue 33, p2B
Focuses on the positive response from businesses in Tucson, Arizona to the introduction of digital wireless telephones. Convenience of the integrated features of the systems for business operations; Cost-effectiveness of the systems; Comments from wireless digital phone vendors.
- AT&T offers Nokia's loopset for hearing-impaired. // RCR;05/31/99, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p25
Announces the availability of Nokia Corp.'s Nokia LPS-1 Loopset which allows consumers to make clear connections between digital wireless telephones and T-coil hearing aids.
- Motorola premieres new phone, pager lines. // RCR;09/27/99, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p36
Introduces Motorola Inc.'s dual-band Code Division Multiple Access digital wireless phones. Key features of the ST7867W, CDMA StarTC ST7860W; Introduction of the company's dual-mode, dual-band Time Division Multiple Access 800 MHz/1900 MHz and analog 800 MHz wireless phone.
- 4G (yes, 4G) delayed. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;1/20/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p4
Reports on the decision made by the International Telecommunication Union in 2002 to delay the launch of fourth generation mobile phone systems by five years. Response of mobile phone carriers to the decision; Challenges faced by wireless operators; Issues involved in the decision.
- Mobile messaging not impacted by economic downturn. // RCR Wireless News;11/17/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 37, p22
The article focuses on a new report from ABI Research, which states that the difficult global economy is not hampering growth of mobile messaging services. The firm said mobile messaging service revenues are expected to grow from $151 million in 2008 to more than $212 billion by 2013. ABI said...
- Just Add VoIP. // Electronic News;8/15/2005, Vol. 51 Issue 33, pN.PAG
Reports on the forecast of ABI Research on the growth of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services. Comparison of the subscriber base of VoIP with conventional fixed and mobile phone; Benefit of VoIP; Sources of VoIP.
- Metrics. // RCR Wireless News;6/9/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p22
The article presents various studies related to the wireless communications industry. According to a new study from ABI Research Inc., the mobile device market is expected to show shipments of 289 million units during the first quarter of 2008. According to a survey from TNS Technology, mobile...