GPS Accessories To Hit Shelves
- Track Business Costs First To See If GPS IS Worth It. Nemcek, Mark // Wireless Week;09/13/99, Vol. 5 Issue 37, p93
Comments on the need for businesses to track the cost of their fleet operations before buying global positioning system (GPS) based vehicle tracking products. Benefits of the GPS to truck fleets.
- Introduction. Santos, Marcelo C // Canadian Journal of Earth Sciences;Aug2009, Vol. 46 Issue 8, pv
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Kingdon and colleagues on the traditional application of geodesy in determining geoid, one by van der Wal and colleagues on the use of glacial isostatic adjustment (GIA) model in computing elevation and scope...
- Real-Time Kinematic Spans the Gap. Kai-yuen Wong // GPS World;Jul2001, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p10
Reports on the use of a real-time kinematic Global Positioning System monitoring system in Hong Kong, China's Tsing Ma Bridge. Detection of bridge movements beyond normal ranges; Conduction of inspections or maintenance needed to maintain longterm structural health.
- Handheld GPS Receiver Accuracy. Tiberius, Christian // GPS World;Feb2003, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p46
Focuses on the Standard Positioning Service (SPS) of the Global Positioning System (GPS) in the U.S. Functions of SPS handheld receivers; Effects of the Selective Availability program to the SPS positioning accuracy; Performance of SPS on handheld GPS receivers in static and kinematic modes.
- Out with the New. Gibson, Glen // GPS World;Mar2003, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on issues related to the global positioning system (GPS) program of the U.S. government. Reduction of the federal budget for the GPS III architecture program; Contribution of engineers Bradford Parkinson and Ivan Getting to the development of the GPS program; Reactions to the...
- Augmented GPS: All in the Family. Divis, Dee Ann // GPS World;Apr2003, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p12
Focuses on the growth of the global positioning augmentation systems in the U.S. Allocation of government funds for the Wide Area Augmentation System initiative; Availability of the service values; Replacement of the failing space craft.
- Stand Up, Hook Up -- Go! // GPS World;Apr2003, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p24
Focuses on the method of measuring parachute oscillation using the Airborne Position Location System. Derivation of the global positioning system velocity data; Description of an extensively-maneuvered parachute; Observation of the pendulum swing.
- GPS Safety Net GPS-Loran Prototype Processor. Roth, Linn; Doty, Jim; Hwang, Patrick // GPS World;May2003, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p36
Provides an overview of the development of a prototype Global Positioning System (GPS)-Loran integration processor. Features of the prototype; Use of a multimode receiver with a GPS sensor; Inclusion of a fault detection and exclusion algorithm to incorporate Loran Data and identify Loran...
- Reversal of Fortune. Gibbons, Glen // GPS World;Jun2003, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p6
Focuses on the efforts of the U.S. to modernize the global positioning system (GPS). Creation of the Galileo system; Problems encountered by the GPS III program; Dispute over the leadership of the European Space Agency.