Audiovox's Metamorphosis From Ugly Duckling To Swan
- Audiovox In Fourth Place. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;01/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p1
Deals with the market share of wireless handsets in the United States. Audiovox's market share; 1999 report from The Strategis Group; Details on the market share of Ericsson company.
- The Woes of the Handset Gallery. Chaffee, Maggie // Wireless Review;03/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p14
Reports on the performance of the market for handsets or wireless telephones in the United States in 2000. Number of handsets sold; Focus of handset manufacturers; Status of Audiovox's business. INSET: The Lowdown on the Slowdown.
- Audiovox plans integrated PDA/phone. // RCR Wireless News;4/2/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p25
Reports on Audiovox Communications Corp.'s plans for an integrated personal digital assistant and wireless phone to be introduced in the third quarter of 2001.
- Content Is King For e-Reader Category. WOLF, ALAN // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/22/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p40
The article reports on the launch of comprehensive content strategies by suppliers in the electronic reader (e-reader) category in the U.S. According to the author, companies such as Skiff, DMC Worldwide and Audiovox wanted to catch-up with market share leaders Kindle from Amazon.com and Sony's...
- WIRELESS INTERNET. // Wireless Week;10/8/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 41, p18
Presents updates related to wireless Internet systems in the United States as of October 8, 2001. Features of the CMP-3 phone handset from Audiovox Communications Corp.; Decision made by World Wireless Communications, a developer of wireless telemetry and Internet systems, to shift its...
- Audiovox Unveils Its First EV-DO, PTT Phones. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/19/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p34
Reports on the wireless phone technologies launched by Audiovox in January 2004. CDM-8425/8475 push-to-talk phone; PPC5050 dual-band code division multiple access 1X phone; Clamshell code division multiple access 1x trimode cameraphone.
- Audiovox Time Line. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/7/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p32
The article presents the history of Audiovox. Custom Imports, which John Shalam incorporated in 1960, imports and distributes Japanese sundries. In 1965, Shalam founded Audiovox, which is said to be a dominant marketer of car audios and stereos. Audiovox first supplied cellular phones in 1984,...
- Transportable Mobile Video Keeps Soaring. Gilroy, Amy // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/28/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p32
Reports on the market share of Audiovox Corp. and RCA Corp. in transportable mobile video in the U.S. Products released by Audiovox in 2002; Plans of the RCA to launch products in January 2003.
- DECT Phones Get Off To Strong Start. Scoblete, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;6/4/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p54
The article deals with the successful market debut of Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications (DECT)-based cordless phones in the U.S. in 2006. According to manufacturers, sales of DECT-based models will likely boost declining average selling prices in the category but would fail to offset...