Greasing The Data Pipeline
- Squeeze your `Net links. Greene, Tim // Network World;07/14/97, Vol. 14 Issue 28, p1
Features the Venturi data compression system developed by Fourelle Systems Inc. Use of the system in doubling the capacity of Internet links; Intelligent Compression feature of the system; Hardware compression server included; Technological innovations; Advantages of the system.
- Video compression: The handwriting is on the wall for video switching. LUFF, JOHN // Broadcast Engineering (World Edition);Aug2011, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p60
The article presents information on changes and developments in the video and audio compression technology. It is said that research in data compression began in the 1970s when it was called bit-rate reduction. The development of effective pixel motion estimation changed the data compression...
- Compression technology expands to Net. Schroeder, Erica; O'Regan, Rob // PC Week;11/20/95, Vol. 12 Issue 46, p10
Reports on the introduction of Iterated Systems Inc.'s compression technology aimed at making video and images easier to move across the Internet. Incorporation of the technology into a raft of products for Internet users; Support for images and movies into applications; Compression capability.
- JPEG 2000. Gilmer, Brad // Broadcast Engineering;Dec2011, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p24
The article discusses on the benefits and issues of the JPEG 2000. It says that JPEG 2000 use a wavelet compression which provides opportunities not available in other compression methods. It states that the development of interoperable transport of JPEG 2000 video and audio over internet...
- PUTTING YOUR MOVIE ONLINE. Poole, Jean // Metro;Spring2004, Issue 142, p197
This article focuses on the use of Internet for hosting motion pictures and videos. Hosting videos online is always going to involve compromise, given the shrinking needed to pass even a short movie through the average Internet connection. Even with a rapidly increasing broadband audience,...
- A new approach to header compression in secure communications. Karg, Christoph; Lies, Martin // Journal of Telecommunications & Information Technology;2006, Vol. 2006 Issue 3, p3
The paper presents a new header compression mechanism for the IPv6 protocol. Its main benefit is the reduction of the overhead caused by IPSec tunnel mode which enlarges datagrams in order to provide security services such as authentication and secrecy.
- LOSSLESS RECONSTRUCTION OF SECRET IMAGE USING THRESHOLD SECRET SHARING AND TRANSFORMATION. Devaki, P.; Rao, G. Raghavendra // International Journal of Network Security & Its Applications;May2012, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p111
This paper is proposed to provide confidentiality of the secret image which can be used by multiple users or to store on multiple servers. A secret sharing is a technique to protect the secret information which will be used by multiple users. The threshold secret sharing is more efficient as it...
- Comeback At On2 Technologies. Hoffman, Tony // Equities;Oct-Dec2002, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p17
Predicts higher share price for On2 Technologies Inc., a company which transmit television-quality video over the Internet. Steps taken by chief executive Douglas McIntyre to improve profitability; Compression and decompression of video files; Obstacles to the viability of video on demand.
- Data Compression Method for Trimmed Surfaces Based on Surface Fitting with Maintaining GÂ¹ Continuity with Adjacent Surfaces. Yuta MURAKI; Katsutsugu MATSUYAMA; Kouichi KONNO; Yoshimasa TOKUYAMA // Computer-Aided Design & Applications (Computer-Aided Design & Ap;2012, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p811
Trimmed surfaces are one of the versatile shape representations. When 3D data is put into circulation on the Internet, data size reduction for trimmed surfaces is an important issue in digital engineering. In this paper, we propose a data compression method based on surface fitting method. Our...