Funding Drought Leaves Carriers Thirsty
- Jamdat IPO hailed as harbinger. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;10/4/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the outcomes of the initial public offering (IPO) launched by Jamdat Mobile Inc., a mobile-game developer based in the U.S. Total amount generated by the company from the IPO; Earnings of the company in the first six months of 2004; Implications of the succesful IPO launched by the...
- Transcoding firm Adamind to attack U.S. space. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;3/7/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p28
Reports the release of the fifth version of MediaSpire by media adaptation company Adamind in the U.S. on March 7, 2005. Background on the company; Usefulness of the technology to the wireless industry; Amount of funds raised by the company in its initial public offering on the London stock...
- Virgin Mobile USA IPO could ring up $100M. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;5/7/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p1
The article reports that Virgin Mobile USA Inc. filed for an initial public offering (IPO) in a move that signals the maturation of the mobile virtual network operator segment of the wireless market in the U.S. in general and a notable step forward for Virgin Mobile USA specifically. The firm...
- IPOs: A Mixed Blessing for High Yield? Husband, Sarah // Bank Loan Report;5/20/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p10
Assesses the significance of initial public offerings to the high yield market.
- Bond helps position Spanish broadcasting for IPO. Lacey, Stephen // High Yield Report;11/29/99, Vol. 10 Issue 46, p6
Discusses how a high yield bond offering has helped position Spanish Broadcasting Inc. for its initial public offering in 1999.
- Closed-end junk funds are making a splash again. Garrity, Brian // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/01/98, Vol. 64 Issue 22, p13
Reports on the popularity of junk bond funds in the initial public offering (IPO) market in United States. Pricing of the IPO for the Salomon Brothers High Income Fund II by Salomon Smith Barney company; Amount of money raised in a an IPO for the Dreyfus High-Yield Strategies Fund; Comments...
- Altamira sees value in Canadian wireless. Braunschweig, Carolina // High Yield Report;10/25/99, Vol. 10 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the Altamira High Yield Bond Fund's interest in the Canadian wireless telecommunications industry.
- Clearwire IPO raises $600 million. Jackson, Donny // Mobile Radio Technology;Apr2007, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p24
The article discusses the move of Clearwire Inc., a wireless broadband provider, to raise $600 million in an initial public offering (IPO). The proceeds will be used to help finance the company's capital-expansion efforts. Before, Clearwire announced IPO plan but abandoned it after receiving...
- Fizzle Or Sizzle, Wireless IPOs Keep On Coming. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;04/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p30
Deals with the increasing number of wireless communication companies that are planning initial public offerings (IPO) in the United States. Plans of some wireless companies to debut with the Nasdaq Composite Index; Percentage of year-to-date aftermarket performance for all IPO in 2000; Process...