Getting The (Ad) Word Out
- Lucky Charms Needed For Wireless? Albright, Peggy; Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;05/08/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p3
Focuses on OmniSky wireless data service. Marketing campaign for the service; Costs of the service; Accesses.
- OmniSky advances initiatives. // RCR Wireless News;2/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p27
Highlights the initiatives announced by wireless electronic mail and Internet services provider OmniSky Corp. at the Internet World Wireless and FlashForward2001 conferences held in February 2001.
- Coming To A Phone Near You. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;07/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 28, p20
Reports on the advent of wireless advertising in mobile telephone handsets. Problems faced by wireless advertisers; Companies getting into wireless advertising; Partners of WindWire; Plans of DoubleClick.
- Internet content opens up to wireless. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;05/15/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 20, p144
Focuses on the wireless service offered by OmniSky that gives users access to content sites through Aether Systems' ScoutWeb software. Capabilities of the software; Limitation of OmniSky in offering the service; Information on IBM's WebSphere Transcoding Publisher.
- The (Omni) Sky Is The Limit. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;05/15/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p33
Provides information on the wireless data service through handheld computers offered by OmniSky. Information offered through the service; Challenges faced by OmniSky.
- Microsoft Nibbles On Wireless Internet. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;10/23/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 43, p26
Reports on the iteration of Microsoft Corporation's MSN Mobile portal services and its deal with OmniSky Corp. to provide wireless Internet service through its Pocket PC platform. Features of the MSN Mobile service; Factor that makes up for the popularity of the service; Implication of the deal;...
- OmniSky service now on two new devices. // RCR Wireless News;3/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p36
Discloses OmniSky's plan to run its wireless service on two devices and enhance support for corporate e-mail.
- WorkSpot Hits The Spot. // Wireless Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p34
Reports that OmniSky Corp. has chosen WorkSpot Inc. to provide technical resources and expertise in developing OmniSky's wireless Internet service. Reason WorkSpot was chosen to develop OmniSky's wireless Internet service.
- OmniSky CorporateLink. Blecher, Joni // Fortune;Summer2001 Special Issue, Vol. 143 Issue 13, p171
Evaluates the OmniSky CorporateLink wireless electronic mail device. Design; Key features; Service and support.