- Nortel's waffling continues. LaBarba, Liane H. // Telephony;05/21/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 21, p12
Discusses the move of Nortel Networks telecommunication company to search for a chief executive officer (CEO) after the retirement of John Roth in April 2002. Plan of Nortel to search for CEO outside the company; Advantages of Nortel over competitor Lucent Technologies company in recruiting...
- The transformation of BGI. O'Connor, Cecily; Hua, Thao // Pensions & Investments;10/17/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 21, p1
The article informs that Barclays Global Investors (BGI) has been transformed into a machine-designed unit to make money for parent Barclays PLC in London. The recent departure of Andrew Skirton, former co-chief executive officer (CEO) based in London, highlights pressure from Barclays to ensure...
- REST FOR THE TIRELESS. Gubbins, Ed // Telephony;10/25/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 21, p23
Cites the business condition of Lucent Technologies based on the company's financial performance and financial statements for the 2004 fiscal year. Attribution of the company's revival and leadership position by chief executive officer Pat Russo on employee dedication; Number of employees...
- Lucent Insider Pat Russo Returns As CEO. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;1/14/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the appointment of Patricia Russo as chief executive officer of Lucent Technologies in January 2002. Discussion on possible mixed reactions to the selection; Career history in telecommunications industry; Background on the positions and responsibilities handled by Russo in Lucent.
- WMI shuffles execs, grooms CEO aspirants. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;4/14/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 27, p15
Houston, Texas-based Waste Management Inc. (WMI) is making some changes to its senior management, including the appointment of a chief financial officer, to help give a group of potential candidates for the post of chief executive officer (CEO) varying experiences. The group of potential...
- STAR SEARCH. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/29/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 47, p1A
Reports on the process of selecting chief executive officers (CEO) in the U.S. Differences in CEO requirements of companies; Impact of the 2002 Sarbanes-Oxley Act on the CEO accountability; Resources used by search firms in looking for CEO.
- Topgrading. Smart, Bradford D. // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Apr2006, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p13
Discusses the use of topgrading method in employee recruiting. Advantages of using topgrading method; Definition of topgrading method; Top obstacles to topgrading; Lessons learned by chief executives officers of companies who have topgraded.
- Steve Riggio Named CEO Of Barnes & Noble. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/18/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 7, p9
Highlights the restructuring made by Barnes & Noble Inc. (B&N) on its upper management tier. Appointment of Steve Riggio to the chief executive post; Promotion of Mitchell Klipper; Responsibilities of Riggio and Klipper; Agenda of the B&N chief executive officer.
- Creditors anticipate optimal payout. Jones, Sandra // Crain's Chicago Business;4/8/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p4
Reports the filing of a reorganization plan by Comdisco Inc. in Chicago, Illinois. Appointment of Norman Blake to the position of chairman and chief executive officer; Sale of the company's information technology leasing business; Statistics on the amount of debt of the company.