TI, Microsoft Form Dynamic Duo
- TI introduces 'tri-wireless' concept. // RCR Wireless News;3/24/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p18
Describes a tri-wireless personal digital assistant concept design introduced by Texas Instruments Inc. at the 2003 Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association trade show. Use of Bluetooth and global system for mobile communications/general packet radio service technologies; Wireless...
- Class-D mono amp is filter free. // Electronics Weekly;2/25/2004, Issue 2135, p26
Texas Instruments Inc. has a filter-free Class-D mono audio power amplifier which is a 2.5W device in a wafer chip scale package and comes in lead and lead-free ball options. The TPA2010D1's 88 per cent efficiency reached with a typical 8Ï‰ speaker and shutdown current of 2.8mA and O.S...
- Mobile battle heats up at show. Schwartz, Ephraim; Rohde, Laura // InfoWorld;02/25/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p26
Presents Information on the 3GSM World Congress in 2002. Deals between arch wireless rivals Texas Instruments, Microsoft and Nokia; One-stop shop solution for handset manufacturers and content developers to be created by Espoo and Nokia; Introduction of mobile development platforms by IBM,...
- TI Builds Indian Wireless. // R&D Magazine;Aug2006, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p15
The article reports on the establishment of a research and development center by Texas Instruments in Chennai, Madras, India. The facility would focus on the development of technologies the company's broad line of products. Most of their work will be on chip technologies for mobile telephones....
- Cingular Hits Northwest. // Wireless Week;03/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p28
Focuses on the global system for mobile communications (GSM) wireless service launched by Cingular Wireless in Spokane and Seattle, Washington. Description of its branding campaign; Significance of the technology.
- GSM breaks 200m mark. // RCR;09/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p14
Focuses on the growth of the Global System for Mobile communications market.
- Doubling up on GSM networks. Lefevre, Steven; Brunzell, Ingmar // Telecom Asia;May98, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p46
Provides information on the deployment of dual band global system for mobile communication (GSM) systems. Countries that deployed a dual GSM system; Difference between dual band and dual mode; Basic operating mode for dual band mobile phones.
- Microcell reports Wireless Office trial with Ernst & Young. // RCR;06/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p57
Reports on the collaboration of Microcell Connexions and Ernst & Young to deploy and launch a real-world trial of Microcell Wireless Office, a service enabling a company to incorporate Global System for Mobile communications equipment into its existing Internet Protocol-based local area network.
- Growth factors. // Global Telephony;Oct99, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p16
Reports on developments signifying the expansion of wireless networks worldwide, as of October 1999. Hunan Unicom's expansion of the capacity of its global system for mobile communications (GSM) network; ICOM-Liberia's upgrading of its small AMPS system with an IS-36 based digital cellular...