Nextel Applauds Spectrum Increase
- Nextel--'Allowed to break the law' Swift, Jason // Mobile Radio Technology;Mar2002, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p6
Features the Nextel Communication Inc. in the U.S. Complains on property permit fee; Issues on wireless sites; Participation of Federal Communication Commission.
- C-Block Proposal Favors Nextel. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;11/15/99, Vol. 5 Issue 46, p1
Focuses on the assurance given to the wireless industry by the United States Federal Communications Commissions (FCC) concerning the license of NextWave Personal Communications Inc. Amendment to the budget bill after the failure to achieve spectrum recovery authority for the FCC; Impact of the...
- Nextel calls private wireless a subsidy. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;08/23/99, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p13
Reports on Nextel Communications Inc.'s claims that private wireless services receive government subsidy because they do not pay licenses. Nextel's demand for including private wireless carriers in the auction process; Comments from the American Mobile Telecommunications Association.
- YOUR TAKE. // Telephony;3/10/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 5, p19
Presents the results of a 'Telephony' readers' survey on issues affecting the U.S. telecommunications industry. Role of the states in the Federal Communications Review's unbundled network element (UNE) review of telecommunications companies; Possible impact that push-to-talk offerings from...
- An invitation to scrutiny. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;3/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p12
Focuses on the relation of Nextel Communications Inc. with U.S. Federal Communications Commission's Wireless Telecom Bureau. Plan of Nextel to swap broadband spectrum; Implications of Nextel's proposal.
- Toward gentility. Schwaninger Jr., Robert H. // Mobile Radio Technology;May98, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p54
Comments on Nextel Communications' opposition against a petition filed with the US Federal Communications Commission, wherein it was noted that the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau had made errors in granting licenses to Nextel. Nextel's failure to defend the appropriateness of its licenses;...
- Nextel sweetens Consensus Plan. Jackson, Donny // Mobile Radio Technology;Jul2004, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p8
No abstract available.
- ITA warns against using Nextel request to make policy. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;12/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 51, p11
Reports that the Industrial Telecommunications Association has warned the United States Federal Communications Commission not to use a pending proceeding involving Nextel Communications Inc. to make a de facto ruling that private wireless spectrum should be auctioned. Prohibition against...
- NEXTEL KEEPS 800 MHZ ORDER IN LIMBO FOR ONE MORE WEEK. Jackson, Donny // Telephony;8/16/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 15, p18
Reports on Nextel Communications' delayed approval of a U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) order for it to contribute 800 MHz of spectrum. Composition of the order to resolve interference problems for public safety communications; Impact of the order on the telecommunication carrier;...