Sprint PCS Opens Voice Portal Door
- Wireless messaging growing in popularity. Dickinson, Casey J. // Business Journal (Central New York);5/3/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p12
Reports on the increasing popularity of text messaging in the U.S., as of May 2002. Costs of text messaging; Comparison on the short message services (SMS) offered by telecommunication companies Verizon Wireless and Sprint PCS; Benefits of SMS.
- Samsung, Sprint debut CDMA dual-band Internet phone. // RCR;09/27/99, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p32
Reports on Samsung Telecommunications America and Sprint PCS' introduction of the Samsung SCH-3500 dual-band Code Division Multiple Access phone. Agreement between the two companies wherein Samsung will deliver SCH dual-band/dual-mode series phones to Sprint PCS; Key features of the SCH-3500.
- COMMUNICATIONS BRIEFS. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/11/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p56
This article presents news briefs related to the telecommunications industry as of October 2004. Sprint PCS has begun offering its first smartphone based on Microsoft's Windows Mobile 2003 for Smart-phone platform, which enables a standard phone form factor to deliver pocket versions of Windows...
- Verizon beats Sprint PCS to 1XRTT. Carroll, Kelly // Wireless Review;Feb2002, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p12
Reports on the commercial launching of the 1XRTT, a third generation telecommunication technology in the U.S. markets developed by Verizon Wireless. Advantage of 1XRTT over other telecommunication standards; Competition of the company with Sprint PCS.
- Sprint PCS takes aim at business segment. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;05/24/99, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p29
Reports that Sprint PCS is targeting business users in the United States. Strengthening of growth and average revenue per user numbers; Competition strategies of the company.
- Sprint PCS launches in Madison. // RCR;02/21/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p14
Announces the launch of Sprint PCS' telecommunication service in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Affiliates Pulling Out Of Clear Pay Problems. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;5/6/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p4
Reports on the benefits of being associated with the U.S. carrier, Sprint PCS. Benefits of Airgate PCS from the relationship with Sprint PCS; Alamosa PCS achievement despite its own problems with Sprint's Clear Pay plan; Information on other carriers.
- Sprint Nibbles On Enterprise Carrot. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;8/19/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 31, p6
Reports that Sprint PCS continued to add features to its CDMA2000 1XRTT Vision network in August 2002. Comments from analyst Jane Zweig about the company's strategy; Two remaining questions that Sprint PCS need to address; Sprint's enterprise product offerings.
- Sprint Launches Unlimited Data Plans. Marek, Sue; Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;10/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 38, p4
Reports on a series of pricing plans launched by Sprint PCS that provide unlimited data use for customers in the U.S.. Range of consumer prices for using the PCS Vision network; Cost of data-only plans for laptop computers and personal digital assistants; Result of a survey of European wireless...