Teligent Struggles To Follow In Older Rival's Footsteps
- Are Changes in the Air for Local Access? Krapf, Eric // Business Communications Review;Feb99, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p27
Focuses on broadband wireless telecommunication services. Information on WinStar and Teligent; Benefits of broadband wireless; Point-to-multipoint configurations offered by WinStar and Teligent; Reliability of the service.
- Teligent launches service in Ohio. // RCR;06/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p18
Reports on the launching of Teligent Inc.'s wireless broadband services in Columbus, Ohio.
- Teligent plans to celebrate Thanksgiving with financing feast. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;11/17/97, Vol. 16 Issue 45, p17
Reports the plans of Teligent Inc. to build a point-to-multipoint wireless network to compete with local wireline telephone companies in Vienna, Virginia. Approach of the company for the execution of its plans; Public stock offering of the company; Significance of the plan; Business background...
- Teligent to launch data service. // RCR;06/28/99, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p14
Reports on Teligent Inc.'s plans in launching the SmartWave digital subscriber line wireless service.
- Teligent targets FW/D phones. Bronstad, Amanda // Business Press;05/22/98, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p7
Announces that Teligent Inc. will launch service to small and midsized businesses in Texas during the second half of fiscal 1998 as part of initial offering of wireless local service. Package of services to be offered by Telligent; Means by which companies can obtain competitive local service;...
- Teligent May Rise Again. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;9/3/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 34, p16
Predicts the business recovery of fixed wireless company Teligent. Information on the company's approach in handling its bankruptcy proceeding; Details on Winstar's attitude towards its creditors; Reason for the inability of Alex Mandl, former chairman and chief executive officer of Teligent,...
- Teligent to roll out services. // Telephony;02/02/98, Vol. 233 Issue 5, p7
Reports that Teligent plans to offer telecommunication service using its wireless local loop technology, in various American states.
- Teligent, Mannesmann Arcor partner for German fixed wireless services. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;02/21/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p60
Reports on the partnership between Teligent Inc. and Mannesmann Arcor AG & Co. to provide fixed wireless voice and data communications in Germany. Terms of the partnership agreement; German government's awarding of spectrum licenses to Mannesmann Arcor and to Teligent's German subsidiary.
- Wireless phone company angling to discount rates. Khasru, B. Z. // Westchester County Business Journal;05/22/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p17
Reports on the cost savings offered by Teligent Inc., a wireless telephone company which transmits data via roof-top antennas. Introduction of the company's businesses in Westchester County, New York; Losses posted by the firm; Absence of competition from established telephone companies.