Cingular's 3G Blueprint
- Cingular, T-Mobile USA joint venture nears finish line. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;5/22/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p3
The article reports on the anticipated completion of the joint venture between Cingular and T-Mobile USA that would allow them to exchange a series of spectrum licenses in the beginning of 2007 in the U.S. The agreement provides Cingular with a ready-made global system for mobile networks in New...
- AT&TW, Cingular launch Roadrunner joint venture. // RCR Wireless News;3/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p18
Reports on the Roadrunner joint venture by AT&T Wireless Services Inc. and Cingular Wireless LLC as of March 17, 2003. Objective of the venture; Amendment made to the original agreement.
- VOICESTREAM/CINGULAR LINK ONLY A SHORT-TERM FIX. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;10/22/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 17, p24
Provides information on the joint venture plan of wireless telecommunication provider VoiceStream Wireless and Cingular Wireless. Terms of the deal; Possible effects of the joint venture plan on both companies; Views of VoiceStream Chairman John Stanton on the deal's impact on profitability.
- AT&T Wireless, Cingular Forge GSM Venture, as Verizon Rolls Out Advanced Wireless Data Network. Spector, Phillip L. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2002 Q1, p1
The article reports that At&T Wireless and Cingular Wireless have formed a joint venture and Verizon Wireless has launched advanced mobile data network offerings. The venture will expand wireless GSM coverage along 3,000 miles of interstate highways to provide customers with seamless access to...
- Wireless Dealers To See Gains From SBC, BellSouth Merger. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/23/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p29
Reports that BellSouth and SBC Communications have merged their ten semiautonomous wireless-voice brands in the United States into a jointly owned company, called Cingular Wireless. Total number of wireless phone subscribers; Rate plans offered; Benefits of the merger for both companies.
- 6 years ago this monthâ€¦. // RCR Wireless News;4/10/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p34
The article provides information on an event in the history of the telecommunication industry. In 2000, BellSouth Corp. and SBC Communications announced plans to create a wireless joint venture that would later become Cingular Wireless. The plans positioned the joint venture as the...
- Cingular Heads North. // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p26
Reports that the business unit of Cingular Wireless Inc. introduced a Canadian roaming service in major metropolitan areas.
- Cingular Starts Testing GAIT. // Wireless Week;1/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p5
Reports that Cingular Wireless has started field tests on interoperability standards allowing its subscribers to use both its global satellite for mobile communications and time division multiple access networks. Cingular's plan for the technology called, GAIT; Company that is providing the...
- BITS. // Wireless Week;4/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p16
Presents news in telecommunication business as of April 2002. Teen driving safety and courtesy program launched by Cingular Wireless; Rural Wireless Telecommunications Consumer Enhancement Act of 2002 introduced by Representative Barbara Cubin, R-Wyo.; Operators of a common wireless carrier...