OK for Everglades Plan Opens Door For Florida Bonding
- Young Scots get funding to clean up their act. Marshall, Michael // Education (14637073);1/21/2005, Issue 165, p3
Reports on the launch of an award scheme designed to encourage Scottish youngsters to help protect the environment. Background on funding committed by the Scottish Education Department to the program; Significance of the program in developing responsible attitudes of young people.
- Ford and Toyota support local environmental projects. Rentas-Giusti, Laura // Caribbean Business;11/15/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 46, p37
Reports the environmental grant programs of Toyota and Ford Motor Co., vehicle manufacturers in Puerto Rico. Development of alternative fuel vehicles; Philosophy of the programs; Cleanup activities organized by the joint ventures between the manufacturers and the non-profit environmental...
- Mapping the Money. Townshend, Kathryn // Alternatives Journal;Spring2003, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p41
Presents research data showing how environmental grant money from the government of Canada is allocated by issue and geography. Initiative of the Canadian Environment Grantmakers' Network; Total amount of grant; Grant allocation by region, environmental issue and activity.
- State recycling funds available throughout year. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;8/27/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p28
Reports on the rules governing applications for the Environmental Investment Program (EIP) grants in New York. Functions of the EIP; Types of projects eligible for EIP funding.
- Groups seek specialty crop grants. Durisin, Megan // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/6/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p19
The article reports on the Specialty Crop Block Grant Program launched in Michigan to promote environmental conservation, improve agricultural practices, and promote economic development of the produce industry in the state.
- IN BRIEF. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Jan2011, Issue 432, p17
This section offers news briefs on environmental developments in Great Britain. Cheshire councils are seeking judicial review of the government's decision to halt a 100-million British pounds public finance initiative (PFI) deal in support of a 25-year waste disposal contract with Viridor. Waste...
- Orange County receives agricultural grant. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/17/94, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p2
Reports that Orange County, New York State has received a $40,000 grant as part of the Agricultural and Farmland Protection Planning Grants Program for the development of County Agricultural and Farmland Protection Plans. Award as part of New York State package of grants awarded under the...
- Enviro-lottery. // Sustain' Magazine;2007, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the grant given by the Big Lottery Fund to the Environmental Law Foundation, which provides advice to communities and individuals across England struggling with environmental problems.
- EPA: An enemy of prosperity in America. Huelskamp, Tim // High Plains Journal;9/5/2011, Vol. 129 Issue 36, p4-B
The author discusses a reduction of 17 percent in overall funding to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.