Conviction Tossed for Orange County's Raabe
- Responses to ethics and service working group proposals concerning conflicts of interests. Robin, Louis S. // Commercial Law Journal;Summer97, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p224
Comments on the requirements of disinterestedness in the employment of professionals in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy case. Features of the disinterestedness provision; Need to require the disclosure of any interest affecting the counsel in bankruptcy cases; Proposed solution for the counsel who is a...
- Enron's fallout: CPAs face many questions. Glenn, David D. // Fairfield County Business Journal;
Focuses on issues directed to certified public consultants following the bankruptcy of Enron in the U.S. Indictment of accounting firm Arthur Andersen; Strategy of the company to avoid the conflict of interest in the industry; Assessment of excessive consulting advice.
- SEC Calls Bankruptcy Proposal Bad Idea. // American Banker;7/10/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 131, p2
States that the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) opposed legislation that allows investment banks to advise former clients who are in bankruptcy. Issue of potential conflict of interests; View of SEC Chairman William Donaldson.
- Conflicting values. Menton, Francis // Lawyer;3/31/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 13, pUS3
Reports that the scope for conflicts of interest gets greater as law firms get bigger. Possibility that British firms can learn from their American counterparts; Measure adopted by bankruptcy courts in United States to avoid such conflicts; Difficulties in eliminating unanticipated developments.
- Stockbrokers or double agents? Ferguson, Adele // BRW;5/30/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p10
Comments on the lessons learned from the bankruptcy of corporations in the U.S. and Australia. Need for transparency in financial reporting; Eradication of the conflict of interest among companies, auditors and stockbrokers; Inquiry regarding the quality of broker research.
- Old friends on the board. RAYMOND, DOUG // Directors & Boards;2015 Fourth Quarter, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p8
The article focuses on the issue of director independence in a corporate board environment. Topics discussed include the author's insights regarding director independence and conflict of interest, an overview of the court case Delaware County Retirement Fund v. Sanchez related to directors'...
- Delaware Court Provides New Guidance on Go-Shops, Standstills and Management Conflicts. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2007 Q3, p1
The article presents information on the new guidance provided by the Delaware Court of Chancery on go-shops, standstills and management conflicts. It highlights two court decisions where key deal processes and mechanisms received careful scrutiny because of the presence of conflicting interests....
- Untitled. Harold, Jess // Estates Gazette;8/4/2012, Issue 1231, p03
The article reports on the judgment to be given by justices Sir John Thomas and Silber in the case Tchneguiz v Serious Fraud Office (SFO), wherein Vincent and Robert Tchenguiz challenged the SFO on the dawn raids carried out as part of the investigation into the bankrupt Kaupthing bank.
- Compromise. Ross, Mike // Chartered Accountants Journal;Dec1997, Vol. 76 Issue 11, p71
Reports on Christchurch, New Zealand High Court's refusal to approve a part-payment scheme by insolvent debtor firm CRY TV in Christchurch following its failure to disclose who was the mystery financier funding the scheme. Procedural difficulties with CRY TV's application for bankruptcy.