- Legislative update. // Education Week;09/24/97, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p19
Provides information on final legislative actions made on education budgets and related matters in the United States. Delaware's fiscal year 1998 state budget; North Carolina's approved fiscal year 1998 state and K-12 budget; New York's approved fiscal year 1998 state and K-12 budget.
- Final 2001 Appropriations and President Clinton's Fiscal 2001 Proposals. // Education Week;01/24/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p24
Highlights President Bill Clinton's proposed appropriations for education in the United States for 2001. Programs under the education reform; Amount allocated for education for the disadvantaged; Bilingual and immigrant programs.
- GOP Attacks Education Department. McQueen, Anjetta; Devarics, Charles // Community College Week;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p3
Reports that the United States Congress' insistence on a one percent, across-the-board cut among government agencies may hurt programs for students. Fund that Republican lawmakers insist could be used to offset the proposed spending cuts; Amount of money that the one percent reduction would...
- Tax Exemption on Muni Interest Will Cost $33B in 2005. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;2/3/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31813, p4
Reports on the fiscal 2005 budget plan of U.S. President George W. Bush. Cost of the tax exemption for the interest paid on all municipal bonds; Projection of revenue loss in fiscal 2005; Amount estimated for public-purpose debt in fiscal 2005; Increase in the estimated revenue losses from the...
- Tobacco bill's defeat leaves K-12 plans uncertain. Hoff, David J. // Education Week;06/24/98, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p27
Reports in June 1998 that the failure of a tobacco tax bill in United States Congress, has led to a lack of funding for educational programs and goals. Amount of money the bill would have accrued over a 25 year period; Additional programs which would have been funded by the tax bill.
- Critics See `Pork' in Budget Items Earmarked for Higher Education. Blair, Julie // Education Week;12/02/98, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p26
Provides information on the objectionable provisions included in the budget appropriations for higher education in fiscal year 1999 as revealed by Senator John McCain (R-Ariz.). Why McCain considers Senator Bob Dole's projects dubious; Details on the objectionable items included; Budgets...
- Final fiscal 1998 appropriations and President Clinton's... // Education Week;02/18/98, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p30
Presents the final United States fiscal appropriations for 1998 and President Bill Clinton's budget proposals for education in 1998 and 1999. Education reform programs funding; School construction funding; Finance of special education programs.
- In Congress: An Opportunity To Help Kids. // NEA Today;Mar2000, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p14
Offers a look at the fiscal 2001 education budget proposal of United States (US) President Bill Clinton that would ask Congress to face up to the needs of US public schools. Amount of the budget increase for the administration's class size reduction program; How the increase would help school...
- Senate refuses to restore training programs. // Human Events;9/15/95, Vol. 51 Issue 35, p22
Reports that the United States Senate has agreed to a motion to table an amendment to the Fiscal 1995 Supplemental Appropriations and Rescissions bill to restore $332.3 million for eight education and job training program and offset their expense by making a corresponding cut in the travel and...