Take Your Pick: N.Y. Tobacco, Illinois Health Care, or Texas Schools
- Using derivatives to hedge against the unexpected. Aderholdt, John M.; Rasmussen, Robert H. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Feb96, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p62
Discusses the use of derivative instruments in health-care financial management. Reason for derivatives; Common derivative instruments; Potential pitfalls of derivatives; Guidelines for health-care financial managers. INSET: Interest rate swap example..
- 1st quarter sees surge in health care IPOs. // AHA News;05/08/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 18, p4
Focuses on the initial public offerings (IPO) for health care ventures in the first quarter of 2000. Involvement of an Internet-related company on the IPO; Amount raised from the health care deal.
- Healthcare. // Investment Dealers' Digest;07/31/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 31, p28
Focuses on securities underwriting for the healthcare industry, as of July 21, 2000. Underwriting fees; Mergers and acquisition deals; Bond offerings; Equity underwriting calendar.
- Healthcare. Wagley, John // Investment Dealers' Digest;08/21/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 34, p44
Presents statistics on the healthcare sector of the securities market worldwide, as of August 17, 2000. Underwriting volume; Debt deals; Equity underwriting calendar; Top new issues managers; Global merger and acquisition deals.
- Wall Street's ills infect healthcare IPOs. Lutz, Sandy // Modern Healthcare;7/29/96, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p36
Reports on the performance of healthcare initial public offerings (IPO) in the first and second half of 1996. Impact of the Dow Jones industrial average's lackluster performance on pending IPOs; Top ten IPOs in the first half of the year; Top five pending offerings in the second half;...
- Tennessee health provider turns to mortgage-backed debt. Reisman, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/12/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30767, p5
Focuses on Tennessee-based Mountain States Health Alliance's adoption of a mortgage-backed credit structure for its financing. Response to investors' calls for greater bond security; Value of the hospital mortgage revenue bond issue; Bond deal rating from Fitch IBCA Inc.
- Healthcare. // Investment Dealers' Digest;02/19/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p26
Presents charts and graphs on security underwriting for healthcare companies, compiled as of February 9, 2001. Volume by security type; Underwriting fees; Mergers and acquisition deals; Recent equity and debt deals; Top investment banks in the issuance of new securities.
- Chicago's Resurrection Health Starts $340M Restructuring. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/29/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32888, p3
The article reports that Chicago, Illinois-based Resurrection Health Care will launch its restructuring for nearly $340 million of auction-rate securities with the conversion of $225 million to triple-A insured, fixed rate bonds through the Illinois Finance Authority. The Catholic health care...
- International Observer. Robson, Mark // Public Health Reports;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 121 Issue 6, p764
The article offers a look at the underserved and low income population in Turkey. It discusses the financial issues associated with public health services in the country. It mentions the efforts of the government to deal with the financial problems surrounding the country's main social security...