Hamtramck, Mich., Risks State Financial Takeover
- ALABAMA: Hearing on Sewer System. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/28/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33122, p9
The article focuses on the new hearing scheduled by the bond trustee and insurers to appoint a receiver for the sewer system in Jefferson County, Alabama. The move was enacted the state legislators refused to approve a bill that would help the county to restructure its $3.2 billion struggling...
- Insolvency trend goes into reverse. Schmidt, Lucinda // BRW;9/2/96, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p90
Highlights some of the findings in Ernst and Young's 1996 Business Stress index report. Usage of receiverships in insolvencies in 1995-96; Popularity of voluntary administration procedure; Share of big insolvency assignments; Type of insolvency.
- Receiverships continue to decline. Smith, Richard // Credit Management;Aug97, p14
Presents data on the number of administrative receivership appointments and administration orders in Great Britain as of May 1997. Monthly and regional volume of receiverships and administration orders.
- Reporting Obligations of Receivers. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Mar2000, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p21
Takes a look at the role of the receiver when the grantor is a body corporate in New Zealand. Need for receivers to provide public notice of their conduct in relation to a receivership under the Receiverships Act 1993; Required reports; Examination of the compliance of the reporting obligations...
- Court-appointed conflicts. McLennan, Graham; Livingstone, Stephen // CA Magazine;Dec95, Vol. 128 Issue 10, p32
Focuses on the liability of a bank and court-appointed receiver for damages incurred by the corporation placed into receivership. Discussion on the case `The Royal Bank of Canada v. W. Got & Associates Electric Ltd. et al.'; Punitive damages; Comment regarding the receiver's legal advice;...
- Receivers in phoenix focus. Grant, Alex // Printing World;2/17/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 7, p4
Reports on an initiative launched by credit checking agency ICSM and the British Printing Industries Federation (BPIF) to pursue insolvency practitioners (IP) who are engaged in so-called phoenix practices. IP that help a failed company restart their business as a phoenix in the same premises;...
- Rich pickings. Lynn, Matthew // Management Today;Nov95, p71
Illustrates different aspects of the opportunities and difficulties that can be expected from a receiver. Reasons why Lancer Boss went bankrupt; Success of the company Tesla; Securing as much money as possible for creditors as the main task of receivers. INSET: Professional vultures make a...
- Receivers appointed. // Crain's New York Business;1/1/96, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p18
Reports that a New York State Supreme Court judge appointed nine temporary receivers to monitor the financial situation at 18 companies in the waste handling business that were indicted. Comment on the duties to be performed by the receivers.
- Netimperative goes into receivership again. // Marketing Week;3/14/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p12
Reports on the return of new media community Web site Netimperative into receivership in England. Application for bankruptcy in May 2000; Factor prompting the decision to call in the administrative receivers; Context of the e-mail sent out to subscribers.