Municipals Hold Their Own Even as Treasuries Melt Down on Jobs Data
- Letters of Intent to IMF for Financial Support. // Economic Review (05318955);May2001, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p5
Assesses the occurrence of economic stabilization policies and structural reform program in Pakistan. Depreciation of the interbank market exchange rate; Adjustment of petroleum prices; Derivation of monetary policy on the prevention of resurgence in inflation.
- More on monetary policy in a small open economy. Wu, Ying // International Review of Economics & Finance;1999, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p223
When the representative bank's backward-bending loan supply curve peaks at the profit-maximizing loan rate, credit rationing could exist as an equilibrium phenomenon and the equilibrium interest rate in the loan market is subject to upward rigidity. With the loan-market setting as...
- International Bond Markets and the Introduction of the Euro. Kool, Clemens J.M. // Review (00149187);Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p41
Deals with the implications of the introduction of the euro for international investors' demands for assets denominated in different currencies. Daily bond and foreign exchange-rate data of major currencies in the world; How to implement portfolio optimization.
- Units of Account and the International Bond Market. Lusztig, Peter; Schwab, Bernhard // Columbia Journal of World Business;Spring75, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p74
Authors of finance text have done a reasonable job of categorizing the range of alternatives open to corporate and government borrowers. They have generally given careful attention to the question of particular debt instruments to be used as well as to timing and the choice of maturities....
- BMI VIEW: EMERGING EUROPE. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/30/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p3
Presents an update on the bond market in Europe as of May 2005. Forecast on the koruna-dollar exchange rate; Outlook for Polish local currency bonds; Decline in yield on the 5-year T-Bond.
- Romania: More Transparency Needed From NBR. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/22/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 19, p18
Reports on the intervention made by National Bank of Romania (NBR) on the weakening status of the country's foreign exchange in August 2005. Foreign currency exchange rate in the country; Overview of NBR's objective to reduce inflation; Condition of the Romanian bond trading.
- Wage and Price Rigidity in a Monetary Union. Adao, Bernardino; Correia, Isabel; Teles, Pedro // Open Economies Review;Feb2010, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p109
We extend irrelevance results of sticky prices and fixed exchange rates to environments with sticky wages. Provided payroll taxes can be used with the same flexibility as monetary policy, then sticky wages are irrelevant for both optimal allocations and policies in response to shocks. This is...
- UAH: Potential For Mild Weakness. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/21/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 19, p18
The article discusses the economic conditions of Ukraine. Expectations on the performance of Ukrainian hyrvnia exchange rate are presented. Trade deficits and surplus of the company are revealed. The significance of the consumer sector to the currency markets is discussed. Forecasts on the local...
- MARKET MONITOR. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/9/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 30, p23
This section presents charts of economic indictors of emerging markets from 2006 to 2008, including foreign exchange rates, benchmark bonds and stock markets.