Levitt to Tap Acting Muni Office Chief
- Arizona Fund May Replace Consultant. Rasmussen, Eric // Investment Management Weekly;06/14/99, Vol. 12 Issue 23, p6
Deals with the plans of Industrial Commission of Arizona to cast a net for investment consultants to replace William Lowery of Performance Analytics. Comments from Douglas Newton, administrative manager; Reason for the resignation of William Lowery; Investment strategy of the commission; How...
- Taking a Position. Slavin, Al // Best's Review;Feb2011, Vol. 111 Issue 10, p56
The article discusses the hiring and recruiting approaches for independent agencies and brokerages. It mentions that independent agencies and brokerages competes with sales-driven industries and captive-agent side when it comes hiring and educating talents. Moreover, the president of...
- Nevada court patroling its legal borders. Miller, Valerie // Las Vegas Business Press;10/8/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p1
Reports the appointment of a legal commission to formulate rules governing interstate crosses in Las Vegas, Nevada. Recommendations of the commission to the Nevada Supreme Court; Issues considered by the commission; Promotion of the move to formulate guidelines for practicing law in multiple...
- Guinn puts campaign volunteer on commission. Burbank // Las Vegas Business Press;09/06/99, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p12
Discusses minority appointments in Nevada's gaming regulatory panels. Hispanic Auggie Gurrola's appointment to the Gaming Commission; Appointment of certified public accountant Radha Chanderraj to the Gaming Commission; Source of the nominees for the Gaming Control Board and the commission;...
- Hopefuls vie for job as top bank regulator. Caywood, Thomas // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);07/17/98, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p4
No abstract available.
- Should Suffolk County find its voice? Cantor, Martin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);08/06/99, Vol. 46 Issue 32, pA47
Comments on the proposal in the Suffolk County, New York Legislature to form a Suffolk County Sports Commission. Agencies currently holding responsibilities to be assigned to the commission; Value of sporting events to the county's economic development; Evaluation of the need for the agency.
- A new year, a new commission. Bawaya, Michael // New Mexico Business Journal;Sep98, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the activation of the New Mexico Public Regulatory Commission, a state agency assigned to regulate corporations and utilities (PRC). State legislature's objective in creating PRC; Logistical problems confronting the commission; Nature of commissioners' job in the PRC.
- The PRC candidates on the record. // New Mexico Business Journal;Sep98, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p7
Presents the responses of several state legislators in New Mexico to a questionnaire about their qualifications for positions in the planned Public Regulatory Commission of the state. Includes previous positions in state regulatory bodies; Relevance of implementing a uniform regulatory...
- Rules of engagement. Johnson, Ross // Hollywood Reporter;3/3/95, Vol. 336 Issue 13, pS-14
Focuses on the role and responsibilities of film commissioners in the United States. Codes and rules of conduct observed by commissioners.