Water Infrastructure Reform Is Congress' Next Challenge
- EPA Publishes DWSRF Interim Final Rule. // WaterWorld;Oct2000, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p9
Reports that the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has released an interim final rule for the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF) program that codifies the (DWSRF). Awarding of capitalization grants to states; Loans provided by states to public water systems using...
- ARRA funding falls short. Daly, Pete // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/1/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 5, Special section p4
The article reports that funds from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009 that were earmarked for new and renovated wastewater treatment and drinking water facilities in Grand Rapids, Michigan did not generate new projects as expected and did not help communities that cannot...
- $23 million available for local waterfront revitalization. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/29/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p15
The article reports on the call of New York State Department of State's Division of Coastal Resources for proposals for the 2007-2008 Environmental Protection Fund Local Waterfront Revitalization Program which supports the implementation of water resurgence programs in the state's coastal waters.
- ASCE Gives Water Infrastructure a 'D' Calls for Increased Federal Funding. // WaterWorld;Apr2001, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p33
Calls for an increase in federal funding for water infrastructure improvement in the United States. Shortage of budget for the replacement of pipes and related infrastructure; Failure of the Congress to appropriate funds for the Environmental Protection Agency; Need for diversification of...
- Senate approves energy and water appropriation. // Human Events;8/23/96, Vol. 52 Issue 32, p22
Reports that the US Senate passed the fiscal 1997 Energy and Water Appropriation Bill on July 30, 1996. Controversial amendments to the bill; Bill's spending projects that sent funds to several states.
- Region in Line to Receive Substantial Funding for Water Programs. LARSON, MARK // San Diego Business Journal;11/23/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 47, p4
The article reports on the claims of Dennis Cushman, assistant general manager of San Diego Water County Water Authority, that the region will get 227 million dollars if the 11.14 billion bond proposal to fund long-term water projects is approved in California. Cushman states that the region is...
- Dam improvements continue. // Ellis County Press;7/28/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p1
The article reports on the approval of a grant funding for the structural repairs on flood control dams in Ellis County, Texas. According to county engineer David Ridgway, the Texas State Soil and Water Conservation Board funding will need a commitment of up to $75,000 from the county. Details...
- Congress considers up to $3.3M for water desalination research. // WaterWorld;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p33
Reports that the United States Congress is expected to provide funds for water desalination research and development, according to Kevin Price of the Water Desalination Research and Development Program. Projects which are covered by the funding.
- Federal Aid Needed For Water Infrastructure. // WaterWorld;Apr2001, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p1
Reports the need of a legislation to renew the commitment of the government for a clean and safe water in the United States. Necessity for federal investment in drinking water infrastructure; Requirement of partnership between federal, state and local government in the maintenance of water...