Counties Trust in Tobacco
- New York City's tobacco bond plan raises rating, structure questions. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;01/29/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30568, p48
Reports on the favorable response given by investors to New York City's plan to sell bonds backed by the city's share of the nationwide tobacco settlement. Creation of the Transitional Finance Authority; Speculations about the bonds' structure and security; Tobacco companies involved in the...
- Florida May Insure Settlement Funds Should Big Tobacco Fold. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;04/07/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30866, p3
Reports on Florida's efforts to protect its ability to issue bonds against its tobacco industry settlement revenues as of April 7, 2000. State legislature's plan to insure the revenues should tobacco companies fail due to damages awarded by juries.
- Will Nassau Trump NYC? Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;10/04/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30739, p1
Reports on the legal developments affecting the ability of municipalities to issue bonds backed by revenues from the tobacco settlement in the United States. New York City and Nassau County, New York's separate bids to become the first to issue such bonds; Effects of the civil suit filed by the...
- Step one: Bankruptcy. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;06/11/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30660, p1
Reports on the municipal bond market's examination of bankruptcy issues which may affect bonds backed by funds from the settlement between states and the American tobacco industry. Rating of bonds backed by the tobacco settlement; Key concerns of municipalities in initial securitization deals.
- Letter from the Editor. // Bond Buyer;1/13/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31551, p2A
Focuses on the Inaugural Deal of the Year competition that honors efforts in the municipal bond market. Criteria for the presentation of awards; Award winners of the competition; Deal recognized by The Bond Buyer.
- Illinois Owns Week With $1.8B. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;4/30/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33705, p1
The article reports that municipal bond volume in Illinois should remain steady in the week of April 30, 2012 due to a 1.8 billion (B) U.S. dollars deal in the state.
- It's Raining Deals in Georgia, With Few Signs of Drying Up. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/22/2002, Vol. 241 Issue 31455, p30
Reports several deals on municipal bonds in Georgia. Information on the debt issuance of Georgia; Expectations for the Georgia Road and Tollway Authority (GRTA); Controversy on the projects of GRTA.
- Old issues, new approaches: let the debates rage. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;02/22/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30833, p24
Focuses on the longstanding debate on how to measure the costs and benefits of innovation in the municipal bond market in the United States. Bond deal involving Brevard County and Polk County; Uniqueness of every deal; Difficulty in finding a control group that allows for a clear gauge of how a...
- Oakland Comes to Market in Effort To Restructure Pension Bond Deal. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/2/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31235, p5
Reports the decision of Oakland municipality in California to sell taxable pension obligation bonds. Purpose for selling the bonds; Negotiator for the transaction; Adviser for the deal.