Good Drugs, Great Timing
- 4 Things We're Not Supposed to Tell You About This Issue. B R OWN, BILL // Los Angeles Magazine;Apr2013, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p10
An introduction for the articles published in the periodical is presented including art works in San Francisco, California, businessman Patrick Soon-Shiong and criminal literature.
- Biotech Billionaire Wields New Weapons for Fighting Cancer. Keshavan, Meghana // San Diego Business Journal;2/10/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p9
The article reports on the effort of biotechnology billionaire Patrick Soon-Shiong to develop a drug to treat cancer by studying a patient's genes and the proteins that they code for.
- Southern California's Wealthiest. Leupold, Julie // Orange County Business Journal;8/2/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 31, p42
The article reports on the ranking of the "Orange County Business Journal," for the top three richest man in Southern California which includes Donald Bren, Patrick Soon-Shiong and Angeleno Kirk Kerkonian.
- AEG ON THE BLOCK: BIDDERS CIRCLE, WILL PRICE TOP $7B? MILLER, DANIEL // Hollywood Reporter;10/5/2012, Issue 34, p22
The article reports on the bidders of the purchase deal involving Anschutz Entertainment Group Inc. (AEG) including Los Angeles, California biotechnology billionaire Patrick Soon-Shiong, Comcast Corp., and Madison Square Garden Co.
- Navigating a Political Minefield. Barack, Lauren // On Wall Street;Jun2008, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p52
An interview with Patrick Soon-Shiong, chairman at APP Pharmaceuticals, is presented. When asked about the greatest factor affecting the pharmaceutical industry in the U.S., he cites the projected increase in healthcare cost to about 15% to 20% of gross domestic product (GDP). He states that the...
- Abraxis Bioscience Inc. acquires Pfizer's facility in Barceloneta. Thurston, Lawson D. // Caribbean Business;5/4/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 17, p27
The article reports that Abraxis Bioscience Inc., an integrated global biopharmaceutical company, has acquired the industrial facilities of Pfizer Inc. in Barceloneta, Barcelona, Spain. The facility is capable of producing U.S. and European compliant injectable pharmaceuticals, protein-based...
- Anschutz Company Puts AEG Up for Sale. // FRONT of HOUSE;Oct2012, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p12
The article reports that Los Angeles, California-based biotechnology entrepreneur Patrick Soon-Shiong has teamed up with investment firm Guggenheim to make a bid for the Anschutz Entertainment Group Inc. (AEG) which is up for sale.
- A WEALTH OF REASONS. KAHN, GABRIEL // Los Angeles Magazine;Apr2013, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p108
An interview with Patrick Soon-Shiong, South African-born American surgeon, medical researcher and businessman, is presented. When asked about the establishment of a family foundation and other nonprofits which are involved in the promotion of health and well-being, he states that he wants to...
- PEOPLE IN PLACES. // Medical Device Daily;5/26/2009, Vol. 13 Issue 99, p11
The article announces several personnel changes in the medical device industry including Carolyn Scott, appointed vice president (VP) of performance improvement and quality at the Premier healthcare alliance, and Patrick Soon-Shiong, named executive director of the UCLA Wireless Health Institute.