Last Man Standing
- Moscow campaign cries foul. Holdsworth, Nick // Variety;8/8/2011, Vol. 423 Issue 12, p3
The article presents brief information about a pre-election promotion by Russia's Right Cause political party that shows the image of billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov on billboards along with the party's slogans.
- College coaches jumping to NBA have a history of flopping. // New York Amsterdam News;4/8/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 15, p33
The article reports on the decision of the Nets basketball team in New Jersey to get college coach Mikhail Prokhorov as their new coach who have a history of flopping.
- Cold Warriors. Richardson, Paul E. // Russian Life;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the arrest of Norilsk Nickel head Mikhail Prokhorov in France and another on the physical changes in the Russian capital of Moscow.
- KLUB PROKHOROV. Idov, Michael // New York;6/7/2010, Vol. 43 Issue 19, p22
The article discusses Russian immigrants to New York City, and features several notable ones who have made an impact in the city. It states that Russians arrived in the city in four stages over time, starting with royalists in the late 1880s, to an influx in the 1970s, followed by mostly Jews in...
- Maverick Automakers. // Russian Life;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p13
The article features the Yo hybrid car of Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov and the Marussla race car of Russian comedy actor Nikolai Fomenko.
- overheard. // Russian Life;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p9
The article presents from politician Vladimir Ryzhkov sharing his views about a protest with 50,000-100,000 people, billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov explaining his reason for running for the Russian presidency, and Duma deputy Andrei Makarov sharing his views about dishonesty.
- Prokhorov, Mikhail: May 3, 1965--Russian financier. D. K. // Current Biography;Oct2010, Vol. 71 Issue 10, p82
A biography of Russian entrepreneur Mikhail Prokhorov is presented. He was born on May 3, 1965 in Moscow, Russia to Dmitry Prokhorov and Tamara Prokhorov. He studied at the Moscow Finance Institute, also known as Finance Academy, and volunteered to join the Russian army. He worked as clerk in...
- Uralkali shareholder discusses sale with three groups. ALPEROWICZ, NATASHA; YOUNG, IAN // Chemical Week;10/14/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 26, p19
The article reports on the three investor groups, Vladimir Kogan and an Arab state fund, billionaire Vladimir Evtushenko and partner Mikhail Gutseriev, and tycoon Mikhail Prokhorov, that expressed interest in buying the stake of Russian businessman Suleiman Kerimov in potash producer Uralkali.
- By Snobs, For Snobs. Son, Jason // Dollars & Sense;May/Jun2008, Issue 276, p4
The article reports on the publication called "Snob," by Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov. While the dictionary characterizes a snob as having disdain for the socially inferior, the head of "Snob," Andrei Shmarov, says the word holds a different meaning for Russians. He says Russians...