Middle East & Africa
- Teledesic gains $200m investment. // RCR;04/20/98, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p26
Reports that Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin AbdulAziz Alsaud of Saudi Arabia, has investment $200 million in Teledesic the `Internet-in-the-Sky' satellite communications venture of primary investors Craig McCaw and Bill Gates. Why Alwaleed invested in the company; Comments from Alwaleed; What...
- Netscape's Prince has come. Guglielmo, Connie // Inter@ctive Week;12/01/97, Vol. 4 Issue 42, p8
Reveals that Prince al-Waleed bin Talal of Saudi Arabia has acquired a five percent stake in Netscape Communications Corporation. Value of the prince fortune; Identification of other companies the price has stakes in; Information on an announcement released by the prince's office in Saudi.
- The prince and the portfolio. Macleod, Scott // Time International (South Pacific Edition);12/15/97, Issue 50, p112
Focuses on Saudi Arabia's Prince Alwaleed bin Talal bin Abdul Aziz al Saud and his business investment strategy. The growth of his wealth from 1980 to the present; A listing of investments, including Citicorp, Disneyland Paris, Apple, Planet Hollywood, and Donna Karan; His appetite for luxury.
- Jacko's adventures in the Arabian Magic Kingdom. MacLeod, Scott // Time International (South Pacific Edition);12/15/97, Issue 50, p116
Looks at the business venture between entertainer, Michael Jackson and Prince Alwaleed of Saudi Arabia.
- Canary Wharf saga may be coming full circle. Kleege, Stephen // American Banker;8/7/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 150, p24
Reports on the teamup between Arabian Prince Waleed bin Talal and Canadian developer Paul Reichmann on a bid for the Canary Wharf project outside London, England. Bid as a benefit for 11 banks that seized the property in 1992; Debt owed to banks in the area.
- Landmark's princely partnership. Cashill, Robert // TCI: Theatre Crafts International;Nov96, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p19
Reports on the partnership between Landmark Entertainment Group and Saudi Arabian prince Al Waleed. Comments by Landmark chief executive Gary Goddard on the deal with the prince; Improvements at Landmark; Expansion plans by Landmark.
- Report: Fox News co-owner funded 'Ground Zero mosque' imam:. Gandelman, Joe // Moderate Voice;8/22/2010, p6
The article focuses on the report of John Cook at Yahoo!News regarding the donation of Saudi Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal, the second largest shareholder of News Corp., worth 305,000 dollars through his personal charity Kingdom Foundation to the Muslim Leaders of Tomorrows along with the American...
- Prince keeps on spending. Selwitz, Robert // Hotel & Motel Management;11/7/94, Vol. 209 Issue 19, p3
Reports on Saudi Arabian Prince Al Waleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud's purchase of 25 percent interest in Four Seasons Hotels. Separate purchase of 25 percent of company chairman Isadore Sharp's personal holdings; Prince's control of two of the company's board of director seats; Benefits...
- Pyramid Schemes. Hack, Susan // Fortune;4/16/2001, Vol. 143 Issue 8, p449
Reports on an increase in Middle East tourism, as of April, 2001. Efforts of Mideast tycoons to build tourism infrastructure; Mention of investors, including Saudi Arabia's Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and United Arab Emirates Defense Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid...