The World's Top 20
- This Brazilian's Promise: To Become the Richest Man on the Planet. // Brazzil Mag;May2011, p1
The article reports that Brazil's billionaire Eike Batista said that he expects to become the world's richest person. Batista, whose net worth was estimated by Forbes magazine at 27 billion dollars, didn't specify when he would vault to the top of the world's-wealthiest list. Currently he is at...
- Gates Loses First Place. // Software Practitioner;May/Jun2008, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p8
This article reports that Bill Gates of Microsoft Corp. loses first place in the Forbes list of the world's richest people in 2008. Gates has fallen to third place after spending 13 years at the top. The reason for this decline is the drop in the price of Microsoft stocks as a result of the...
- The billionaires' club. // Finweek;4/5/2007, p42
The article provides information on the high net worth individuals (HNWIs) in the world, including Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, and Carlos Slim Helu. In the 2006 Merrill Lynch/Capgemini "World Wealth Report," it says that ultra-HNIWs allocate a greater percentage of their assets to alternative...
- World's Billionaires list, 2012. // Flare (Pakistan);4/15/2012, p31
The article lists several world's billionaires including Carlos Slim Helua, Bill Gates, and Warren Buffett.
- Bill Gates retakes `richest' title. // Hill;5/20/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 59, p18
The article reports that Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft Corp. based in Redmond, Washington, has recaptured the title of being the richest person worldwide from Mexican investor Carlos Slim.
- How Did the Rich Do? // Econews;Apr/May2011, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p20
The article presents the richest men in the world which includes Carlos Slim Helu, Bill Gates, and Warren Buffett.
- Bill Gates reclaims title as world's richest person. // Ibex;Apr2014, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p10
The article reports that Forbesmagazine has ranked Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates as the world's richest person, reclaiming the top rank from Mexican Telecom owner Carlos Slim Helu.
- 2009 FORBES Billionaires. Bertoni, Steven; Farrell, Andrew; Gell, Erin; Greenberg, Duncan; Obusan, Claire; Pendleton, Devon; Schultz, Keren Blankfeld; Zeppelin, Cristina von; Flannery, Russell; Karmali, Naazneen; Cavdar, Nilgün Balci; Dolan, Kerry A.; Atal, Maha; Bogan, Jesse; Turkey, Forbes; Russia, Forbes; Hawkins, Asher; Mazurin, Nikolai; Kashulinsky, Maxim; Turan, Ozer // Forbes Asia;3/30/2009, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p23
The article offers information on several richest people in the world for 2009. It says that Bill Gates has regained his title as the richest man around the world after he lost 18 billion dollars. It mentions that Warren Buffett has experienced a fortune decline of 25 billion dollars since his...
- Buffett Tops Forbes' List of Richest People. // Money Management Executive;3/10/2008, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p2
The article reports that Warren Buffett of Berkshire Hathaway's has trumped Bill Gates as the richest person in the world, as stated in the Forbes Magazine. According to Steve Forbes, chief executive officer of Forbes, even if Buffett gives away a piece of his fortune yearly, the stock of...