Up in Smoke
- Anil Ambani: The fighter. // India Today;3/22/2010, p18
The article focuses on Anil Ambani, the 49-year-old industrialist who is the third richest Indian in the world based on the Forbes Billionaires' list. Aside from his Reliance Mutual Fund which has the largest with assets of 1,20,000 crore Rupees, he has 100 million telecommunication consumers...
- The Billionaire Next Door. Keating, Joshua // Foreign Policy;Nov/Dec2007, Issue 163, p38
The article provides brief biographies of four international billionaires, Suleiman Kerimov of Russia, brothers Mukesh Ambani and Anil Ambani of India, and Naguib Sawiris of Egypt. Kerimov, an elected representative of the Duma, made his money buying shares in government owned companies. The...
- India has four of world's top eight billionaires. Sanders, Sol W. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;3/13/2008, p7
The article reports that there are now four Indians among the eight top billionaires listed in Forbes' roll call of the world's richest. They include non-resident Indian and steel baron Lakshmi Mittal, Reliance Industries Ltd. chairman Mukesh Ambani, followed by his younger brother, Anil Ambani,...
- India will have highest number of billionaires in next ten years. // Siliconindia;May2008, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p10
The article focuses on the poll made by the magazine "Forbes" which reflects that in 2017, India will have the highest number of billionaires. The country was ranked fourth place in the world's population of billionaires that includes business magnates Lakshmi Mittal, Mukesh Ambani, Anil Ambani,...
- Serious money. // BRW;5/29/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 21, p22
The article reports on the top 10 billionionaires in the world. Warren Buffett took the lead at $62 billion, while Bill Gates moves into third place at $58 billion. Mexican communications tycoon Carlos Slim Helu took the second place at $60 billion. Four Indian billionaires were included in the...
- Mine's taller than yours. // India Today;1/10/2011, p38
The article reports that industrialist Anil Ambani's 150 meter house in Bandra, Maharashtra, allegedly built to compete with his brother, Mukhesh's 170 meter house, was put on hold as of January 2011.
- Anil Ambani Withdraws $2B Suit against New York Times. KINETZ, ERIKA // India -- West;6/18/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 30, pB4
The article reports that Indian billionaire Anil Ambani has withdrawn a 2.1 billion dollars defamation lawsuit against the New York Times and his estranged elder brother Mukesh.
- Anil Ambani to Appear as Witness in 2G Case. MOHANTY, SUCHITRA // News India Times;7/26/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 30, p21
The article reports that an Indian court has ordered Indian businessman Anil Ambani to appear in court as a witness in a case on alleged corruption in the grant of second generation (2G) telecommunications permits, on July 19, 2013 after a plea made bay the Indian Central Bureau of Investigation.
- South Asia. // Asian Pacific Post;4/30/2009, p19
This section offers news briefs concerning South Asia, including the death of nineteen people in a forest fire in Nepal, the Internet cafÃ© near the base camp of Mount Everest and murder conspiracy against industrialist Anil Ambani.